Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Odd seat UPDATED

Creationblue

Monza
So, whilst I bought my cab and didn't notice the odd drivers seat it never bothered me, until of course my mate pointed it out to me recent and now it's bloody obvious :sad: I did however notice that the airbag cover on the steering wheel and the left panel on the centre consul was a different shade to the rest of the interior but thought that it was somehow effected by the sun.

Looking at options sticker for the leather the code is CG which although I can't find this in the list the concensus is that it's graphite grey for my '99 car.

My question is what to do next, I'm thinking maybe to change the front seats As a pair and hope they match the rest or maybe use a dye? Strangely the rear of the seat looks more like the rest of the interior :?:

Attachments

• a551f621_86e4_4998_8f3e_a1110a9d1e06_146.jpeg
    a551f621_86e4_4998_8f3e_a1110a9d1e06_146.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 3,667
  • cc0760b2_05e9_4e4a_9522_52f15f9d1afc_806.jpeg
    cc0760b2_05e9_4e4a_9522_52f15f9d1afc_806.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 3,667
Looks like the drivers seat and airbag have been replaced with space grey rather than graphite, if worn heavily or a tear not unreasonable thing to do. Had a similar issue, the previous owner had recoloured but used wrong dye, re-dyed in correct colour and all good.
Get the correct dye and redye it's very easy, will need a few coats, easiest to unbolt seats but entirely possible in situ too. Took about 500ml to do 2 seats with multiple coats and will need gliptone leather conditioner g12(?) afterwards. You can do the airbag with it too and any other parts just mask off first.

cool, I'm happy to give the dye a go, just what I wanted to hear :thumb:

GMG said:
...accident damage?

No sign of any, excellent history with no expense spared and straight as a die. But I'm guessing after they spent £10.5k on an engine rebuild the seat issue was the straw that broke the camels back maybe :dont know:

You could have the interior re connolised .. basically its painting the interior leather .

Quick search and this should give you an idea ..

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C580553

Seen it done many times over the years .. always impressive results .

Specsavers?

Personally I'd look for a black pair of seats and a steering wheel and airbag. The four spoke wheels are a lot cheaper than the three spokes and I believe seats from a Boxster would fit. You could probably get away without replacing the rears and it would still look ok.
Whilst dyeing / reconnolising does indeed work really well, if you only do the Driver's seat and steering wheel I'd be amazed if you achieve a seemless match. Apart from anything else they'll look like new.

Griffter said:
Personally I'd look for a black pair of seats and a steering wheel and airbag. The four spoke wheels are a lot cheaper than the three spokes and I believe seats from a Boxster would fit. You could probably get away without replacing the rears and it would still look ok.
Whilst dyeing / reconnolising does indeed work really well, if you only do the Driver's seat and steering wheel I'd be amazed if you achieve a seemless match. Apart from anything else they'll look like new.

I was thinking about a pair of sports seats in black (most popular colour) but didn't want to change the door cards ect. Food for thought..

I used a local trimmer to replace my hood recently, I'll pay him a visit and find out the cost for a change of colour of the existing and weigh up the costs..

Does your seat heater work on both sides?

My interior as I got it:

kFgFe1w.jpg

50 shades of grey from the factory :D

I rather like it, can't stand dull dark black interiors.

I much prefer your seats to the 'ruffled' leather on mine :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back