Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is this a record?

Yes and I got a coffee while waited for someone to come over from sales, which they did eventually. But took ages, the coffee long gone, hence I was sitting in one of the cars getting a bit bored.
I'm over it now and it won't put me off trying to buy from them again, see it as personal challenge to thwart anti sales department. Still very good for servicing etc, just one of those things. :dont know:

A few years ago a mate of mine worked at a BMW dealers in Crewe, he was a junior junior salesman, basically watching & learning handing out brochures & basics before they let him loose.

Anyhow a casual looking guy walks up outside in a floppy hat & cargo pants & wants to look at an M3Conv & my mate recognises him he thinks, goes in tells the main sales manager & suits & they looked from inside to out side & said huh don't think so, you deal with him, handing the keys over.

Andy my mate goes out to show him the car & clicks dawns on him, its Robbie Williams
he gets on great with Robbie & he wants the car there & then wrapping in a large bow for his mums birthday, she`s shopping in Crewe he`s going to walk her up in half an hour.

Long storey short the ***** inside dont believe my mate & tell him to stop being a dick, as if etc, so he has to ask Robbie to come in & pay on his Kootz credit card, at that point they realise & brush the junior salesman aside kissing Robbies arse profusely, however to his credit he pisses them off only wanting to deal with the junior & they had to tow the line to get the sale.

He bought the car gold M3£ with a big yellow bow attached, mates name as salesman, for his part in the sale.
:pc: :pc: :pc:

Everyone has their horror stories. In 2004, I called OPC Guildford and said I had 55k and was looking for a 996 C4S and I was told 'forget about it with that budget'. Phone went down and I bought elsewhere. In 2017, I called 3 OPCs asking about 997 Turbos with a budget of 70k, none bothered to call back. I called OPC East London and we closed on my current car in 5 mins.
Never understand why but it happens all the time to everyone. Same story abroad where I'm working.

Thanks for the replies chaps, glad its not just me.

Still undecided on next car, no rush. Going to look at Cayenne & Macan side by side tomorrow, any thoughts?

Will probably keep the next one for 2 years, & do little milage, thoughts on petrol or diesel?

cliffbase said:
Going to look at Cayenne & Macan side by side tomorrow, any thoughts?

Macan is smaller

:grin:

cliffbase said:
thoughts on petrol or diesel?

I'd go Diesel as that's the future :floor:

Sorry, couldn't resist :oops:

Macan Turbo, DO IT :thumb:

cliffbase said:
Still undecided on next car, no rush. Going to look at Cayenne & Macan side by side tomorrow, any thoughts?

I had a Macan as a loaner for a couple of weeks and wracked up 700 miles as I enjoyed driving it everywhere.

The OPC needed it back for someone else to test drive and swopped it for Cayenne. I drove it twice in a week.

They were both diesels but one thought it was a sports car and the other thought it was a tank. They were both right.

I actually like that I am not molested when I go to the dealers. If I need/want to talk to someone I'll approach someone.

And looking to buy another brand as some sort of protest makes no sense. It's like going to a restaurant and getting bad service in how they prepared your steak and saying 'that's it I'm eating chicken from now one.'

T8 said:
cliffbase said:

I had a Macan as a loaner for a couple of weeks and wracked up 700 miles as I enjoyed driving it everywhere.

The OPC needed it back for someone else to test drive and swopped it for Cayenne. I drove it twice in a week.

They were both diesels but one thought it was a sports car and the other thought it was a tank. They were both right.

I had a fast run out in my mates Macan diesel S ( slighttune), him driving ....and was amazed at how different it drives compared to the Cayenne .....my Diesel is is no slouch once on the move , but a tank describes it quite well at low speed ...+ it doesn't handle anywhere nearly as well as the Macan ....

It's only the internal room advantage of the Cayenne which I need with 2 kids that keeps it in the stable ....

Either one is a good car , just the Macan is more Sporty than the Cayenne ....

( on the move though and the old bus show a clean 'Diesely' pair of exhaust tips up many a challenger .....!

Drove both today & prefer the Macan.

Currently deposit placed on a rather nice GTS im trying tomorrow. Watch this space.

Phil 997 said:
I think you will find they ignored you because you were not wearing salmon pink chinos

I've actually been thinking about getting a pair recently. Now I'm not so sure... or am I :dont know:

Try Mercedes Benz used. I thought I was in a 70s flashback as the salesmen only needed the sheepskin coat and dealer boots to pull off the overall effect :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back