Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 at auction

NMC100, many thanks for the detailed heads up on your recent acquisition and congrats on securing a car of your childhood dreams. Seems to me the 993 has found an ideal new owner. I look forward to occasional updates on your progress... Thanks for sharing.
:thumb:

Hi NMC

Thank you for posting the review of your 993

Looks like a great Porsche

Have fun and enjoy

Ash

NMC100 said:
It's not a garage queen, but I'm a car fan not a gallery curator.

Well done but be careful chum, the more you put into it to reach Illuminati membership standard the more likely you'll be wearing the tweed patched jacket, cords and desert wellies as you guide people around the exhibit :what:

NMC, thanks for the follow up on the car. Gladtheres not going to be be too much work and expense to get her mint.

Ian

Congrats Nick,
Its nice when you take a punt, roll the dice and come up snake eyes, albeit a well educated and inform punt. Sounds like another one saved

More pics!!!

Zingari said:
NMC100 said:
It's not a garage queen, but I'm a car fan not a gallery curator.

Well done but be careful chum, the more you put into it to reach Illuminati membership standard the more likely you'll be wearing the tweed patched jacket, cords and desert wellies as you guide people around the exhibit :what:

I'm quite partial to a bit of tweed. Maybe I'm
on the slippery slope without realising?! :eek:

FZP said:
Congrats Nick,
Its nice when you take a punt, roll the dice and come up snake eyes, albeit a well educated and inform punt. Sounds like another one saved

More pics!!!

Thanks! Indeed there's a certain sense of obligation to keep the old girl well looked after.

NMC100 said:
...On first appraisal I was fully expecting a complete suspension refresh too but a day at CG with Chris pleasantly confirmed despite being on original Boge dampers and springs they all still perform at a damping coefficient of 0.3. New control arms and wishbones ( all Porsche) were fitted last year. So apart from two bushes, two top mounts and Geo the suspension is ok- for now

That matches my experience with Chris at CG - my Boge dampers also working fine after 24 years... "they don't make 'em like they used to!". Utterly transformed my car, guess yours also feeling great now.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back