Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Baby seat

911Tip

We occasionally use a rearward facing Joie i-Gemm Group 0+ Baby Car seat (good to 13kg) in the 996 (mk1 NB). It's tricky to get in to the backseat (remove leather seat base), but doable - uses seatbelt as no Isofix or i-size in the car. Passenger seat is all the way forward.

The time is coming soon for a Combination seat (Rearward and Forward-facing - Group 0+ and 1 - good to 18kg) or even a Group 0+, 1 & 2 - good to 25kg seat - still in back seat.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a seat that will fit please?

Thanks!

wasz said:
I use a cheapo halfords essentials 123 with a 10kg 18 month old as recommended by someone on here and pistonheads.

Takes some fiddling to get it secure enough though, and some people remove the seat base and back from the 996.

Thanks - is that one rear facing?

sorry can't recommend for those groups, but when they're a little older, the maxi-cosi rodifix air protect (group 2/3) fits nicely in the back.

911Tip said:
wasz said:
I use a cheapo halfords essentials 123 with a 10kg 18 month old as recommended by someone on here and pistonheads.

Takes some fiddling to get it secure enough though, and some people remove the seat base and back from the 996.

Forward

sp1ke said:
sorry can't recommend for those groups, but when they're a little older, the maxi-cosi rodifix air protect (group 2/3) fits nicely in the back.

Thanks - will keep in mind.

wasz said:
911Tip said:
wasz said:

Forward

Thanks - will need to find a rear facing one for the moment at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back