Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 order... What are your specs?

The more I look at it, the more I think to keep it clean and de-badge. :dont know:

6appeal said:
The more I look at it, the more I think to keep it clean and de-badge. :dont know:

Then that's what you should do.

6appeal said:
I couldn't decide. The salesman keep suggesting it looked good thus my natural distrust of salesman made me leave it as normal! I do like the retro 991 badge though.... aahhh. I'm not going back into spec land 😱

I also keep looking at Carmin red and thinking hmmm. My son insists he won't want to get in it unless I go lizard green... wish I could spec one for each day !

Had a look at two other versions...

The simple retro 911 font badge.

or

de-badged and the porsche logo painted black for max-stealth.

Attachments

• retro_911_font_653.jpg
    retro_911_font_653.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 3,127
  • stealth_562.jpg
    stealth_562.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 3,127
sideways said:
6appeal said:
I couldn't decide. The salesman keep suggesting it looked good thus my natural distrust of salesman made me leave it as normal! I do like the retro 991 badge though.... aahhh. I'm not going back into spec land 😱

I also keep looking at Carmin red and thinking hmmm. My son insists he won't want to get in it unless I go lizard green... wish I could spec one for each day !

Love the colour that you've picked!... I'd get that one!, but i've had three blue cars in a run so thought to get something different.

Went to the sweet shop today to look at samples to decide final spec.

Any personal doubt on wood was cleared as soon as i saw the sample, looks and feels really good in the setting of the dash trim config.

My logic was:
Leather - theres already lots of leather
Aluminium - my last 4 cars have had aluminium
Painted - GT Silver painted interior trim - not enough of a contrast with the other metal
Carbon - I reckon that majority of buyers will buy carbon, so i want to be different
Wood - Retro dash with the dial config, black leather and red belts looked awesome together.

Sales staff are at Porsche for 992 training this week, so the guys are going to take a few photo's of the demo car interiors for me.

Attachments

• img_6883_131.jpg
    img_6883_131.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 3,117
  • img_6884_121.jpg
    img_6884_121.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 3,117
  • img_6880_170.jpg
    img_6880_170.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 3,117
6appeal said:
No, don't think so. Have seen quite a few and no issue with mine when buying or trading in.

Rear wiper is the controversial one lol (not a fan myself, I wouldn't buy one with).

its mainly the key colour combo... majority of the rest is academic... PDK, SC, Exhaust the top 3 "essentials".

Interesting, I wanted the privacy glass but decided against it as was under the impression that its not really preferred by the majority so might affect resale, think i'll add it back on now!

and yes SC, PSE selected already :)

Regarding the badges, I think the rear looks quite clean already with the license plate further down so I think the standard badge or atleast just the 911 badge should be there but again these things are all subjective I suppose

The new 992 looks fabulous but in all honesty I couldn't put wood into the cabin of a 911 but that's just my opinion
SteveW

I know! Everyone will order carbon, as I have in the past.

Want something different, and in the specifics of this, am liking the finish. If it were lacquered/plasticy, wouldn't consider. But it's a nice natural unfinished finish...

Porsche are definitely pushing it. Lots of marketing images of the wood interior in the 992 press cars, with the long term design link.

Pmsl... can't find 'parquet" option on the configurator!?

6appeal said:
Pmsl... can't find 'parquet" option on the configurator!?
Now if i could have the floor done :floor:

Are all the options available on these? 997 had a few options not available at the start such as PSE and certainly wheel types etc.

Yes, majority of the options are live already... inc wheels options and PSE, am sure a few other bits will be added with time, but nothing significant is missing.

G2 said:
Are all the options available on these? 997 had a few options not available at the start such as PSE and certainly wheel types etc.
It feels like more wheels styles will become available as only a choice of about 4 at launch. Also multiple stitching colour options on the interior seems like a given. Otherwise as 6 says the main stuff is all there. Bl00dy easy to get into 120+k on a 4s :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back