Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front facing passenger toddler seat recommendations?

diddy_p

Montreal
Hi all
Per the subject, does anyone here have a recommendation with regards to a front facing toddler seat I can put in the front of my 993? Just thought I'd check before I head to halfrauds and buy something

My car is a cabriolet so I have lapbelts in the rear which I don't feel like changing to 3 pointers (unless I can source USDM parts!)

diddy_p said:
Hi all
Per the subject, does anyone here have a recommendation with regards to a front facing toddler seat I can put in the front of my 993? Just thought I'd check before I head to halfrauds and buy something

My car is a cabriolet so I have lapbelts in the rear which I don't feel like changing to 3 pointers (unless I can source USDM parts!)

How old is the toddler. I have a forward facing seat for the rear I bought from a forum member that my 3.5 year old is just.about to outgrow. You would need 3 point belts but it is a great fit.

I use a Maxi Cosi Rodi SPS but it does require 3 point belts. It fits well in the back of the 993 and would fit the front fine but you'll need to deactivate the passenger airbag somehow.
Age range is 3 1/2 upwards so uses the cars seatbelt for restraint.

My daughter has just turned 3 and weighs 13.5kg I have a concord ultimax which would fit perfectly in the back if I had 3 point belts, but instead it's in my merc.

Challenge with the front is the shape of the comfort seats and sort of dip below the headrest section

I don't think that the passenger airbag needs deactivating if the seat is front facing?

I've just tried the Rodi in the front seat as I also have the standard comfort seats. I see what you mean about the headrest shape as it holds the back of the seat forwards. I would imagine all seats will have the same issue though. :dont know:

Attachments

• 20190119_170209_197.jpg
    20190119_170209_197.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 2,785
Why did that picture load sideways :dont know:

Sorted.

mashby said:
Why did that picture load sideways :dont know:

have you git a pic of the rodi in the back seats please? they look like a great option!

Thanks for trying the rodi and sending the pic through, much appreciated...

I'll check the Porsche parts catalogues as there must be a way around this. I think 996 comfort seats are similar in size

diddy_p said:
I don't think that the passenger airbag needs deactivating if the seat is front facing?

Correct

nickjonesn4 said:
diddy_p said:

Correct

:thumb:
My mistake

I'll see if I've a picture of the Rodi in the back or if not I'll take one later.
It does fit well although I could do with the extended rear belts now though.

mashby said:
nickjonesn4 said:
diddy_p said:

Correct

:thumb:
My mistake

I'll see if I've a picture of the Rodi in the back or if not I'll take one later.
It does fit well although I could do with the extended rear belts now though.

Excellent, thankyou in advance.

Here you go.
I also find it best to buckle the seat belt into the opposite side. It seems to hold the seat firmer.

Attachments

• 20180323_152216_143.jpg
    20180323_152216_143.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 2,792
mashby said:
Here you go.
I also find it best to buckle the seat belt into the opposite side. It seems to hold the seat firmer.

Excellent, do you know which particular Rodi model yours is? Seem to be a few variations

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back