Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is this a real or a kit....

Milo72

Spa-Francorchamps
I'm hoping the later by the looks of that front bumper and the rear arches but I don't know the 993's well enough to know for sure.

What ever it is leaving it there with tyres on top is criminal.

Attachments

• 5017bcb5_9805_4316_a896_89504a39c5d0_150.jpeg
    5017bcb5_9805_4316_a896_89504a39c5d0_150.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,360
It's a kit, probably a Covin. Check door window surrounds and 4 stud wheels. If real and left like that rust would be all over the place

You don't know your 993s very well at all I'm afraid as that bares no resemblance to one.

My guess is that it's a Covin kit car made in the late 70s /early 80s to resemble the c1975 3.0 Turbo.

Replica... No fuel filler flap in NS front wing.

T8 said:
You don't know your 993s very well at all I'm afraid as that bares no resemblance to one.

My guess is that it's a Covin kit car made in the late 70s /early 80s to resemble the c1975 3.0 Turbo.

I certainly don't...

Milo72 said:
T8 said:

I certainly don't...

Terry has a nice line of anoraks in his wardrobe Milo, they wouldn't suit you.

Is this real or sh!t...should be the title :grin:

No car deserves that, even if it is a replica bastard child thing-a-me-bob :nooo:

:thumb:

Milo72 said:
I'm hoping the later by the looks of that front bumper and the rear arches but I don't know the 993's well enough to know for sure.

What ever it is leaving it there with tyres on top is criminal.

It's a Covin as far as I now. Been sat there years! Is see it every time I go to CH Morgans. I believe it belongs to the fella who owns the body shop. Think has name is Winnie...

wasz said:
They can be made into something which you wouldn't do with a valuable genuine Porsche....

This is a covin:
7V73T7q.jpg

I think its not worth much but would be worth saving, so long as you hold it in the same regard as a 356 replica.

That one belonged to/was 'finished by' my mate Matt.

The guy that owns my MOT place has a Covin with a CVH in it.

Finish can be - variable. Look cool though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back