Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine drop

Pulled the throttle cable and replaced the little seal on the Vram flap, it was totally goosed. I'm going to fit a catch can on the tank to post butterfly vent.
My sons came down to look at my latest project and I sent another order in to OPC for bits. I think Trev and I are vying for parts customer of the year.
Tried the manifold on for size and checked out the vac lines and electrical connections. No leaks and worked out how the vac lines run, it's simple when you work it out. It's the working out that makes my head hurt.
There's so much room to get at the plug leads but the isv is going to be tricky to service.

Attachments

• la_familia_145.jpg
    la_familia_145.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 4,684
  • trial_fit_101.jpg
    trial_fit_101.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 4,617
Got the dizzy out at last. The silicone penetrant was a good tip. It will be sent to Didi for his magic touch. Wiring sorted for Vram activation needed a new connector at ecu as the plug on '94s is blank on one terminal (32) unlike USA cars which have the SAI pump there.
The bung in the vac reservoir needs a bit of modification to seal properly and will be fixed to the innner wing with a rivnut.

Great work and dedication Endoman. Getting excited about getting mine back in the next couple of weeks with all the new bits.

Sorry man, for some reason I missed your reply.

Endoman said:
When you did the conversion did you just swap the connectors in the engine fuse box? It seems a bit more involved in a 964.

The only mods I made were under the seat drivers seat (LHD) with wires going from ECU to front of car / gauges etc to marry the 993 engine, 993 engine loom and 993 ecu to the 964 chassis, the info available on RL is more relevant to your needs I think.

Pleased to hear you have the manifold sorted now and good work getting the the dizzy out, they can sometimes put up a fight.

Yet another caught in time.
Cheers Diddi

Attachments

• dizzy_by_didi_147.jpg
    dizzy_by_didi_147.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 6,194
  • shiney_402.jpg
    shiney_402.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 6,166
  • pils2543_166.jpg
    pils2543_166.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 6,166
New ecu (don't ask). MPL and remote clutch bleed (highly recommended) custom made pipe by HAL 7mm banjo fitting with bulkhead fitting at other end for bleed nipple. It will be attached to l/h side of inlet manifold with a custom angle bracket.
Resonance flap seal and gasket replaced, lubed with Molykote.

Attachments

• mpl_plus_remote_bleed_fitted_720.jpg
    mpl_plus_remote_bleed_fitted_720.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 6,058
  • resonance_flap_servo_114.jpg
    resonance_flap_servo_114.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 6,058
  • ecu_152.jpg
    ecu_152.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 6,058
Great work :thumb:

Love the remote bleed idea. I've had an MPL sat in the garage for years, I must get round to fitting it at some point.

Dizzy is back and looks great the old belt was very brittle and snapped at the merest tug. I should have taken notice of the warning about DHL as I had to go to their depot to pick it up. Their web site needs sorting and the phone help is non-existant it took ages to find out where the parcel was.
They have been good in the past but I asked for it to be dropped off at a collection point in the village ,listed by DHL but no longer dealing with them, and I had no way of changing the delivery.

Attachments

• like_new_208.jpg
    like_new_208.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 5,944
Ahhh this is good work Diddi here, good job you switched that belt John.

I love the remote bleed idea, I have the job of bleeding my clutch soon and I'm hoping that gravity will help me :).

Trev

Turned the corner. Engine is back in and I've now got heat in the garage.
No not from the engine, a propane heater from Machine Mart.
Still a lot to do but should be able to fire her up tomorrow.
Clutch bleed attached to manifold unfortunately a bit more difficult if you still have the rear blower. I fed the flexy though an extra hole in the grommet that takes the crank sensor wire.
It's quite tricky getting the engine back in single handed especially at the front manouvering around the clutch pipe.

Attachments

• remote_bleed_nipple_115.jpg
    remote_bleed_nipple_115.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 5,696
Who did you you use to send your dizzy? This is my next job & I am working on a schedule.
Thanks
Chris

I sent the dizzy to Diddi, [email protected] via DHL the problem was getting it back as the drop off was no longer handling DHL parcels. It's an occasional problem with no one in at home and funny working hours. Normally DHL is fine, but I would keep way from Parcelfarce.
Diddi's turnaround is very quick this is the 3rd one I've sent to him.
Just drop him an email.

The nonvram breather pipe from the crank case is a bit shorter than the vram one but £127! I'll bridge it with some aluminium tubing. I've forgotten the routing of the throttle cable so Trev is kindly sending me a photo of his.
All these little things are taking up a lot of time.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back