Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

FOR SALE - Complete 997.1 3.8S with no engine (SOLD)

JayG60

Tough decision this, but I have to be honest with myself and realise I simply don't have the time for what I had planned with this car.

My plan was to transplant a LS3 V8 into this 997.1 3.8S as I loved the idea of something a bit different and getting back into a build again (see my build thread), but its just not going to happen so someone else can take advantage of quite a unique opportunity and either put it back as it was or build something of their own choosing

What I am selling is an unmolested Seal Grey 2005 997.1 3.8S with a removed engine. (REG is not included!)
Everything is there just to put an engine straight back in and you could have a very clean 997 for a lot less than you could go and find one for.

The car is a nice spec with Black leather, Alcantara headling, no sunroof, PSM, Big Red Brakes and 19" lobsters with mint Pirelli P zeros along with all the standard S options.

It has really clean bodywork and interior and a load of history leading up to the engine detonating.

I am after £13.5K for it as it stands which I think is a fair price given the spec and condition.

Car is located in Cheshire and in a lit, heated garage for viewing (obviously no test drives :D )

Attachments

• pic_4_243.jpg
    pic_4_243.jpg
    650.7 KB · Views: 3,538
  • pic_1_158.jpg
    pic_1_158.jpg
    988.3 KB · Views: 3,538
  • pic_2_201.jpg
    pic_2_201.jpg
    925.6 KB · Views: 3,538
  • pic_3_119.jpg
    pic_3_119.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 3,538
  • pic_6_198.jpg
    pic_6_198.jpg
    641.8 KB · Views: 3,538
  • pic_5_108.jpg
    pic_5_108.jpg
    466.9 KB · Views: 3,538
  • pic_7_208.jpg
    pic_7_208.jpg
    783.3 KB · Views: 3,538
  • pic_8_203.jpg
    pic_8_203.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 3,538
  • pic_9_868.jpg
    pic_9_868.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 3,538
  • pic_10_680.jpg
    pic_10_680.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 3,538
For clarity, is there no engine at all, or is it removed and in need of full rebuild?

How many miles has the car done?

No engine at all.
It has done 100k miles
Oh and for reference it is fully HPi clear and not a CAT D or anything like that.

That's a cheap project... wish I had the space....

Is the gear box with the car and what ancillaries from the original engine are with the car, also is the engine wiring loom with the car?

Thanks

Yes original gearbox is with the car as is a good flywheel, clutch and pressure plate.
All the wiring loom is there even kept all sensors, throttle body and pipe work.
Brackets for everything are there as is the complete exhaust system including cats.
I still have the air con pump and power steering pump also.

Basically all that is not there is the engine itself and the inlet manifold.

Robert SausageTrousers said:
Shame, was looking forward to seeing this build, looks like an ideal project for someone though.

Thanks, to be honest I was excited about doing it, but with work, 3 Young kids and life, there is no way I could do this without something suffering.
I have considered just putting a 3.8 back in myself but even getting time for that will be a struggle which says it all really!
It will be an absolute bargain for someone if they source a 3.8 and pop it straight in there.

The challenge will be finding a complete engine for it, most breakers will want an old unit back as a surcharge, but i am looking

Trantorman said:
The challenge will be finding a complete engine for it, most breakers will want an old unit back as a surcharge, but i am looking

You have PM

Pm sent

it becomes to hard putting an engine together "piece meal" you would want to get a complete engine fully dressed on an outright basis, that way it de-risks the "finding the parts process" that takes so much time and always land up with a compromised outcome, based on past experience.

some of the German breakers may come up with an engine at the right price to make it viable.

For the right person its a good project.

There are lots out there. I am still considering just putting an engine in myself if no one takes it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back