Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best place to buy front shocks

Alex

Just got my car back from my mechanic after doing a few jobs I had on my list. Turns out one of my front shockers has started to weep so I'm going to get 2 new ones. Where's the best place to get them. Don't want any wizzy sport stuff as the standard ones are fine for my taste.......Unless of course they're cheaper :grin:

:thumbs: Cheers mate.

Hi Alex,

I picked up a pair of B4 (albeit for a C4S) from a place called JJC Race and Rally through ebay

Seem to remember it came to £490...

alex yates said:
So am I right in thinking this is the correct ones I need:

https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/bilstein-1043461.html

Seem like good value compared to anywhere else, or am I missing something?

Looks like it. For your car I got 99634304302 which returns that part.

Pre facelift cab and coupe C4 996 seems to have the same part

BZwGttD.png

Have a look on eBay.de -it seems bilstein are cheaper on the continent.

Nice one, will do (no pun intended).

:thumbs:

Yeah I saw those. There's VAT & shipping on top of that price.

Which comes to £185.

Alex I got those, they are fine. Weird though ....they were 15mm shorter than the original part. Fitted perfectly and car sits at stock height with no bottoming out when driving.
Replace the rubbery secondary spring/bump stop that sits on the shaft, at the same time

:thumbs:

Thanks. Will do.

Purchased my shocks today ready for the imminent service. Also got some new top mounts and thanks to a previous thread on this forum I stumbled upon Friday I've saved myself a packet by buying the 997 C4 top mounts at half price of the 996 C4 ones :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back