Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Black bucket seats in a grey interior car?

Kettmark

As per the above title, I have a full light grey interior in my silver 997.1 c2s. Have been unable to track down suitable grey bucket seats so contemplating putting black ones in.
Would this look totally silly?
I thought if I went for it, I could always get some black rear seats too.
Cheaper than re upholstering black buckets in grey and devaluing them when time comes to sell.
I will keep the original seats for relate time down the line.

If I were doing it , I would get from the breakers a black lower dash and armrest, gear know , hand break to bring it together . :thumb:

I went through the same dilemma with my grey interior car and I think it would never quite look right.
I considered retrimming the centre cushions in grey to tie it all in a bit, but it would still look odd.

In the end I had the black buckets fully retrimmed in grey. It's a shade out so you could still argue it doesn't match :grin: , but overall I think it looks a bazillion times better than it would have with them left black.

Covered on my thread here. Retrimming on page 13. End result on page 14. -

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=118164&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=240

:thumb:

I wouldn't hesitate for a moment. I run a black Sparco Evo II in the other car, and it does look a bit odd alongside the standard "sports" seat (black leather over red cloth), but I've no choice as I still need to get one of the children into the back (and the Evo II is a fixed back non-sliding bucket).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back