Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Samsung Galaxy to 997.2 Bose. Where is the Music!

Hi Segart - this is one of the most stupid and frustrating parts of the PCM system...
You are doing nothing wrong and the other guys are all correct but - What has happened is somebody has "hidden" the aux input for your car.

I had the same issue and the manual is useless.

This functionality exists so that when you press the source button - you don't have to cycle through non existent sources

The problem is that because all of the sources are hidden - you cant get to the menu to unhide them.

So what you need to do is:

1. Find a music CD
2. load the CD into the PCM and let it start playing music.
3. from the "disc" screen select the "option" tab at the top
4. you should see now in the option. area at the bottom right a button to "SET DISC/AUX"
press this
5. Choose the AUX ports you want to have available when you press the source button
6 make sure as a minimum the "AUX" box is checked or you will never see Aux as an option....
7. the other 2 AUX ports automatically become visible when you press SOURCE - if you tick the boxes here, they will be visible even is there is nothing connected to the ports
8. Follow the instructions in a previous post to connect your phone to whatever bluetooth adaptor you purchased
9. press the source button and choose the now miraculously available AUX button
10. Enjoy your Spotify!
11. Now turn that off and listen to your engine :)
12 Drive it like you stole it :D

This has me going crazy for weeks a year ago....

Ah what the hell, I took some photo's to help:

This is the OPTION menu when you are playing a disc.
see the button bottom right:

N9nWFaw14dqNYyhY9

And here is the area where you can turn on the Aux input:

iucCspTUacK1ecUz5

Hope this helps others too!
Stupid process.

Thanks koenig. As you say i have no aux ootions. The disc button just toggles from disc to ipod. I had given up! The car is back in its garage a few miles away but i will follow your instructions and report back! Cherrs Rick

mkoenigsheim said:
Hi Segart - this is one of the most stupid and frustrating parts of the PCM system...
You are doing nothing wrong and the other guys are all correct but - What has happened is somebody has "hidden" the aux input for your car.

I had the same issue and the manual is useless.

This functionality exists so that when you press the source button - you don't have to cycle through non existent sources

The problem is that because all of the sources are hidden - you cant get to the menu to unhide them.

So what you need to do is:

1. Find a music CD
2. load the CD into the PCM and let it start playing music.
3. from the "disc" screen select the "option" tab at the top
4. you should see now in the option. area at the bottom right a button to "SET DISC/AUX"
press this
5. Choose the AUX ports you want to have available when you press the source button
6 make sure as a minimum the "AUX" box is checked or you will never see Aux as an option....
7. the other 2 AUX ports automatically become visible when you press SOURCE - if you tick the boxes here, they will be visible even is there is nothing connected to the ports
8. Follow the instructions in a previous post to connect your phone to whatever bluetooth adaptor you purchased
9. press the source button and choose the now miraculously available AUX button
10. Enjoy your Spotify!
11. Now turn that off and listen to your engine :)
12 Drive it like you stole it :D

This has me going crazy for weeks a year ago....
Great post MK. It's great when people can solve what should be simple issues in the forum like this.
Thanks to you all as without the initial question, I'd still be Spotifyless in the car. Great for the boring bits inbetween the fun bits :thumb:

Result! Thanks guys and MK that was a great set of instructions. All sorted now. This forum is outstanding for sorting issues! I am a bit baffled as to why Porsche felt the need to encrypt the functionality of their sound system though.
Atb
Rick

Great stuff. Best £10 I've ever spent. Audi have a proprietary cable for the AUX, which costs double of the BT adapter. :frustrated:

segart said:
Result! Thanks guys and MK that was a great set of instructions. All sorted now. This forum is outstanding for sorting issues! I am a bit baffled as to why Porsche felt the need to encrypt the functionality of their sound system though.
Atb
Rick

:thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back