Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Aero to Active rear spoiler........help

pedro.x

Hey all, me again with another newby question sorry...... ive swapped my factory fitted rear aero spoiler for the stock active decklid spoiler.. but the thing does not go down, when i bought the deck lid the spoiler bit was up thinking it would go down when fitted, the car has the active spoiler switch which was missing the fuse,fuse inserted but no lights on switch and still no activity, also gave it a rag to see if speed worked but nothing so my question is does this need to be coded in for it to work? Or have I bought a duff one
Many thanks :thumb:

Pedro,
You'll needed to get it coded back to active. This is usually done at your local indie Or OPC.

Here is your wiring, you should apply 12v to A5 and A6 to raise or lower it.[/img]

Attachments

• tailgate_884.doc
    60.5 KB · Views: 44
Thank you so much... as i hoped and thought 💭
:thumbs:

FZP said:
Pedro,
You'll needed to get it coded back to active. This is usually done at your local indie Or OPC.

I have coded the wing using the Foxwell NT510/520 diagnostic tool. Costs ca. 100 Quid and may be cheaper than going to an OPC plus you have it for other diagnostic uses etc.

Pedro a 15 mins job at the OPC to recode it back into active setting. :grin: I won't debate your choice to remove the aero wing for a pop up :eek: :grin: unless it was aftermarket. if it was OE and you still have the aero front bumper you may feel some negative aero effects from removing the wing but leaving the bumper , I know I did when I took my wing off to be re painted. :thumb:

systech1 said:
FZP said:
Pedro,

I have coded the wing using the Foxwell NT510/520 diagnostic tool. Costs ca. 100 Quid and may be cheaper than going to an OPC plus you have it for other diagnostic uses etc.

I was gonna pop round but your a bit far....

Thanks

Phil 997 said:
Pedro a 15 mins job at the OPC to recode it back into active setting. :grin: I won't debate your choice to remove the aero wing for a pop up :eek: :grin: unless it was aftermarket. if it was OE and you still have the aero front bumper you may feel some negative aero effects from removing the wing but leaving the bumper , I know I did when I took my wing off to be re painted. :thumb:

Thanks Phil very interesting.... i am in 2 minds about the rear areo spoiler now ive swaped it i kinda miss it,... im currently playing and getting the car to how i want it, modding is in my blood... kw v3 going on and some 3 peice custom wheels...stance it just right..
Somif i get it coded and put the aero back on will cquse problems and need coding back again out of interest?

deMort, is it possible to decode the spoiler auto lift, while retaining the functionality of the button for manual activation?
Thanks.

MarkC4S said:
deMort, is it possible to decode the spoiler auto lift, while retaining the functionality of the button for manual activation?
Thanks.

No. Fixed spoiler setting disables the manual switch

If you decide to keep the auto lift rear wing and sell the fixed aero one .
Please let me know, I have a good home for it.

Cheers Tim

:worship: :worship:

systech1 said:
MarkC4S said:
Thanks.

No. Fixed spoiler setting disables the manual switch

:agree:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back