Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

"Barn Find" emerges..........

AP90

Nurburgring
The old girl is going for an MOT and service.........hasn't been out for a year I'm very sorry to say, she gets a DME free turnover once in a while to circulate the oil but a big renovation project has kept me from driving or looking after her for nearly 3 years.

Started straight away and pulled like a train, these cars are really quite special

Thought a detail provided by the builders on the rear quarter is fitting.......

Apologies to all for the desecration......

Attachments

• knob_169.jpg
    knob_169.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 2,200
  • 993_392.jpg
    993_392.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 2,200
  • in_barn_722.jpg
    in_barn_722.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 2,200
My car has been in the garage for four years without moving, and for very similar reasons......Though at least I put a dust cover over it....

As for the art work... the desperate OCD detailers will be having a hissy fit at the thought of the paintwork being scratched by the artists finger.. :floor:

Mate
I can relate to the above. I'm in the final stages of a hefty reno(you could argue its a new build). I did my very best to avoid dust landing on the car, but an almost impossible task. I had no one to blame for the dust but myself as I was the creator. I'm pleased with the state of the paint considering that it resembled your pic every second week.
As for the finger mark drawing of the phallic symbol, I would have cracked it at that. Tbh, I crack it when Mrs P touches the windows with her finger when pointing at something. I hope it hasnt left a mark in the paint.
I look forward to pics of it looking it's best

I'm not sure spinning it over with the dme removed is a good thing as until you have oil pressure some parts are moving together virtually dry.

Looks epic with the dust on it :thumb:

kas750 said:
I'm not sure spinning it over with the dme removed is a good thing as until you have oil pressure some parts are moving together virtually dry.

Looks epic with the dust on it :thumb:

Yes it's an interesting look isn't it I got quite a few odd looks whilst drive it around.

I turn it over until the oil pressure builds up, I thought that was more favourable than a full start and tick over?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back