Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Heating issues

Good job!
A flat battery will probably not cause any CCU faults.
I always note and clear all codes, then operate all CCU knobs for a minute or so, then re-read faults.

I'd keep an eye on the rear fan, it has obviously not worked in any of the two speeds at one time in the past. I mostly see both code appear when the motor has stalled due to bad bearings, and blown the fuse.
Fault code Speed 1 fires if the rear fan low speed resistor is shot. I change 10-20 of these resistors per year.

It is not uncommon to see fault codes on the CCU fan. (Inside Sensor blower) The fan bearings and magnets wear out, and it will not start. A road bump may start it. However, I always advise to change the fan when the fault code appear. Be sure to be safely seated well when you hear the price. Part # 964 659 148 02. (about 300 euro)
The fan is imperative for the unit to be able to sample the cabin temperature.
Cheers,
Tore

ToreB said:
Good job!
A flat battery will probably not cause any CCU faults.
I always note and clear all codes, then operate all CCU knobs for a minute or so, then re-read faults.

I'd keep an eye on the rear fan, it has obviously not worked in any of the two speeds at one time in the past. I mostly see both code appear when the motor has stalled due to bad bearings, and blown the fuse.
Fault code Speed 1 fires if the rear fan low speed resistor is shot. I change 10-20 of these resistors per year.

It is not uncommon to see fault codes on the CCU fan. (Inside Sensor blower) The fan bearings and magnets wear out, and it will not start. A road bump may start it. However, I always advise to change the fan when the fault code appear. Be sure to be safely seated well when you hear the price. Part # 964 659 148 02. (about 300 euro)
The fan is imperative for the unit to be able to sample the cabin temperature.
Cheers,
Tore

Hi Tore,

Have to say I was somewhat relieved, let's hope it remains!

The car was in storage on and off for two years whilst I had a new garage built and I suspect despite being professional storage, and a new Bosch S5 it's probably been left to die one too many times in the past couple of years!

Seems sensible I re-read the codes now I've got an hour or so usage since we last ran through them to see if I've any codes etc.

Occasionally the max AC button won't go on, though it's been fine for a couple of years - & given that I had to have the condensor replaced two months after I got the car 10 years ago I always run the AC, and always for a few minutes in max mode too.

We replaced the front ballast resistor on the oil rad a few years back, so I'm guessing it's similar.

Ouch, seems another to keep an eye on - is it hard to change once you've got over the shock of the (porsche tax) price?

Thanks again :thumb:

Gavin

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back