Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

taking ages to unlock/lock

blue2

has anyone had an issue where you are pressing unlock on the key but nothing is happening & also at the weekend it took ages to lock itself, a good 5 mins of pressing the key. i was right up close to the car & i know the battery in the key & on the car is good.
this is on my 997 but my mate has the same prob on hes 996T.
whats the issue please?

Mine did this last week out of the blue. Normally locks / unlocks on the button but came out of dropping the kid of at school and it wouldnt unlock. lots of pressing etc and finally it opened up.

Not done it since, its back to quick press and it locks/unlocks fine. So not sure if it was contacts on the battery or something else is going on. I will have to see if it re-occurs.

Annoyingly my spare keyfob stopped working the other year, and even after a new battery and trying out the "re-sync" methods which are online, i cant get i to repair.

sometimes in a situation where something is operating on the same frequency it swamps the key signal and the car "ignores it" does it happen in any location or just in one?

If you have a VTS fob attached to your keys then this can do it .. well ... it can cause problems , only seen it on a 991 but something to remove if you have .

New battery already in the key fob .. i would perhaps try another just to be sure.

Try resyncing the key .. put it in the ignition , switch to ign on and press and hold the lock/unlock button for 5 seconds .

996 has a seperate antenna that can come unplugged , 997 and it cant.

Basically .. the key sends a out a signal ( frequency ) the car sees this and either responds if its correct or doesnt if it isnt ..

Range makes a difference obviously as the signal wont travel very far.

Sooo we have an alarm CU that has a fault and cant see the signal or we have a keyfob that is not sending out a strong enough signal .

Something blocking the signal and it will be in set areas .. think of phone antenna masts .

Try the resync but if no good then further inv req ( code read ou tand actual values of the keys checked .. my money would be on a key fob or a resync .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back