Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 C4/C4S

So it's. Pdk sport and sport plus, pse, sport paddle steering wheel, sports seats Bose
Nav Bluetooth etc cruse control black leather ceramic coated umarked throughout 2010 61k miles
Sports Chrono as well. Forgot that.

rakerone said:
So it's. Pdk sport and sport plus, pse, sport paddle steering wheel, sports seats Bose
Nav Bluetooth etc cruse control black leather ceramic coated umarked throughout 2010 61k miles

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for the OP !!

What could be better than a Forum members car ( or wife's car anyway !)

OP get it looked at !

rakerone said:

Rakerone does it also have extended leather to the dash, i'm not sure if this was standard?

It's of interest to me if Elan doesn't want a private car at the moment.

Let me know what you're after please, i'll keep an eye out for a pm.

Bund, that's fine as I prefer to px mine and I don't mind a manual car.

The private sale I was referring to is a one owner manual car on Autotrader for £40k. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201812283507594?

The red car does look very nice but not sure if the Mrs will be happy with the bucket seats.

elan said:

The private sale I was referring to is a one owner manual car on Autotrader for £40k. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201812283507594?

The red car does look very nice but not sure if the Mrs will be happy with the bucket seats.

Buy the red car, and sell me the buckets (they work tremendously well in my other car, as my wife no longer wants to drive it).

elan said:

Is it just me, when I click on any of the Autotrader links I get the page below.

I have a C4s/2 pdk (no intention of selling just yet) but have been reading this post with great interest, especially with peoples wants & must haves and not to haves ... :?:

Attachments

• at_368.png
    at_368.png
    138 KB · Views: 1,827
Swampy said:
elan said:

Is it just me, when I click on any of the Autotrader links I get the page below.

I have a C4s/2 pdk (no intention of selling just yet) but have been reading this post with great interest, especially with peoples wants & must haves and not to haves ... :?:

I had that if you click on the ? Or why am I seeing this you can disable it.

Swampy said:
elan said:

Yes I've been also seeing that recently.

Many thanks for that Rojdog/Bund & T8, I found the bit to disable it, but as I clear out the cookies often I don't think it will last. Also, apologies to Elan for hijacking your thread.
As I was saying though I also have a C4s/2 and reading some of the replies on this thread I was beginning to wonder if I had made a mistake with the one that I bought.
It is my first 911 that I bought from a OPC (mainly for peace of mind), I know that I paid OTT with the price but I didn't want to take any chances, but with the replies on this thread with buying and selling and the must haves I was beginning to think that I'm going to struggle to sell mine at a later date.
Why? Because it's a pdk and 'oh no it doesn't have a PSE" also it's coming onto 60k miles now.
Then it's nice to read that other owners have a pdk, but what about the 'high mileage". To some it's high but to others it's barely run in. On a positive note, these low mileage cars will be harder to find and more to pay for, so I can relax that there are other people out there that think the same way that I do. Well at least I'm hoping.

Swampy said:
Many thanks for that Rojdog/Bund & T8, I found the bit to disable it, but as I clear out the cookies often I don't think it will last. Also, apologies to Elan for hijacking your thread.
As I was saying though I also have a C4s/2 and reading some of the replies on this thread I was beginning to wonder if I had made a mistake with the one that I bought.
It is my first 911 that I bought from a OPC (mainly for peace of mind), I know that I paid OTT with the price but I didn't want to take any chances, but with the replies on this thread with buying and selling and the must haves I was beginning to think that I'm going to struggle to sell mine at a later date.
Why? Because it's a pdk and 'oh no it doesn't have a PSE" also it's coming onto 60k miles now.
Then it's nice to read that other owners have a pdk, but what about the 'high mileage". To some it's high but to others it's barely run in. On a positive note, these low mileage cars will be harder to find and more to pay for, so I can relax that there are other people out there that think the same way that I do. Well at least I'm hoping.

Honestly don't worry about it, I just bought a high mileage PDK a few months ago :wink:

Enjoy the car and worry about what it will sell for when you actually sell it!

Swampy, I wouldn't really worry about your car as everyone has their preference. Also as others have mentioned there are options to PSE. My B3 Touring has just hit 160k miles, it must be worth nothing :wink:

I've hit 60k miles, but it is a ten year old car. Can't say I'm worried.

Last two 911's and the RS4 I've purchased had 60 odd thousand miles, I think its a good area to buy a car as I usually only keep for a short time and end up selling around 70k miles, they're usually at a good price, had work done that may not of cropped up on a lower mileage car.

Though my 560 SEC has done 156k and the landcruiser was on 192k but the engine died a few months ago.

Enjoy the car and worry about what it will sell for when you actually sell it!

The mileage I'm not worried about at all, I have only been doing around 2k a year as its is, its my weekend toy :D

Its the car that I always wanted and I am still very happy with it, I never bought it as an investment and never considered it as such, so when I sell it it'll get what the going rate is then and that's it.
When I retire in some 3 to 5 years time I then hope to get something that holds its price a bit more, well hopefully... That's if they haven't banned petrol by then anyway :?:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back