Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Distributor refurb

Status
Not open for further replies.
run the car for the first time with newly refurbed dizzy...wasn't really expecting to notice any difference, (other than a big bang if I put it back in wrong) but the change in the engine really is quite substantial. so much smoother at idle and high revs... all the slight disturbances in the engine note at idle have gone away. the only other thing ive changed is the coil... just because I'd already done the plugs and leads, caps, etc. last year.

I didn't think there was much wrong with my dizzy... just the very slightest of sideways movement was felt on the rotor shaft, so don't know whether that was getting worse when running.

I'd put the change up there with the effects of when I had the wayne tuning done.

definitely recommended.

..........Who did that? I can't believe it !......safe is safer

Attachments

• scale_2000_900_frauwimb_kjsgvbnsatu_589.jpg
    scale_2000_900_frauwimb_kjsgvbnsatu_589.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 5,326
............on to spring with revised dizzy

Attachments

• zz_dizzy_166.jpg
    zz_dizzy_166.jpg
    818 KB · Views: 5,144
there have been repeated problems with a delivery service from Germany to England, which service would you prefer, also from England to Germany would be advantageous, please send via PM or to [email protected]

The problem is the change of delivery from one supplier to another - I forgot to write

Problems with DHL have only arisen recently when trying to use a local collection point no problems with home, work or safe place delivery.
It was a company who sell cheap alcohol who were in dispute with DHL, "delivery attempted, acceptance refused" it got in a loop which I could only intercept by going to the depot, not helped by confusion over who was handling it DHL or Royal Mail Parcels. Fortunately I managed to get hold of someone who was on the ball but a wasted morning and a 30 mile trip made me a rather unhappy bunny. Parcelforce are worse, slow and I usually have to pick up doing half their job.
Fedex and UPS no probs especially with parcels from the States.
I have great faith in teutonic efficiency but it's when it arrives here that problems arrise seems to be a common attitude with soliciters, builders, start a job disappear and fob you of with feeble excuses. Currently 14 months to resolve probate and 6 months to fit a cellar door. Our bathroom fitter is a gem comes on time, does a perfect job, tidies up and a Porsche enthusiast.
Things are not going to get better.

Is there a company name?

The shop was "Bargain Booze" they don't carry Buckfast either.

.....I hope that from now on it will be better with a new ??? Delivery service will be better......

Hang on a minute - you sent mine by DHL. I hadn't realised there was an option to upgrade... 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back