Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How much to get the RS look?

mollytherocker

Hockenheim
I have been thinking about this for some time and whilst I am mostly a purist and prefer my cars standard, I just love the 993RS look.

How much are we talking? Can you get genuine parts or are there good quality copy parts? I guess I would need;

Wheels
Rear spoiler - Does this fit on the standard lid?
Black sill spoiler trims
Front bumper lower wings

I would appreciate any advice on this, before I go any further! I would keep all of my original parts so I could return it to standard if I ever wanted to.

MTR

Attachments

• image_314.png
    image_314.png
    698.3 KB · Views: 5,414
Carnewal sell the genuine RS Kit (Aerokit 1B) as per your pic. Price is 3995.00 Euro.

A set of genuine new 18" Speedlines will set you back about £6.5k. Another option would be Tramonts which are around £5k IIRC.

Copy parts would obviously work out a fair chunk cheaper, however quality and fitment will not be as good.

HTH.

C.

cableguy said:
Carnewal sell the genuine RS Kit (Aerokit 1B) as per your pic. Price is 3995.00 Euro.

A set of genuine new 18" Speedlines will set you back about £6.5k. Another option would be Tramonts which are around £5k IIRC.

Copy parts would obviously work out a fair chunk cheaper, however quality and fitment will not be as good.

HTH.

C.

Wow, more that I thought. £10k plus fitting and paint!

Do many of these parts come up second hand? I am not in a rush. I think 5k would be my max.

cableguy said:

FYI - RS kit is not the Aerokit 1B. See both links below:

http://www.carnewal.com/products/993/p93057/Aerokit-1B-for-993-Cars
http://www.carnewal.com/products/993/p93033/Aerokit-RS

@mollytherocker - you would want the latter - currently listed at 3595 Euro (shipping included). I guess its plus VAT, though not sure...

cableguy said:
A set of genuine new 18" Speedlines will set you back about £6.5k. Another option would be Tramonts which are around £5k IIRC

My Tramonts were about half that :? brand new from the factory. At 5K I'd hold out for original Speedlines :). In fact, they can be had for 5750 Euro/set (shipping included), below:

http://www.carnewal.com/products/993;964;993Turbo/p93034/993-RS-Wheels

@mollytherocker - there is a 911uk'er currently selling his Tramonts below, and with tyres:
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=13027

Ebay is your best bet for the body parts and yes they do come up often as separates, obviously good savings to be had.

Speedlines do not come cheap however, so unless you want to go down the single piece copy route with stick on fixings :grin: , then there's really no other option than £4-5k for Tramonts.

C.

Good call with the RS kit ch3tman but only £400 out. ;)

Those second hand Tramonts for £3k'ish could be useful to the OP.

C.

The rear wing fits a std lid but slight modification needed ref Jackal's site
http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/993/M002_aero.htm#rspoiler
Those prices have more than doubled since I did mine and it's so easy to get carried away and continue the process.
Fitting the side skirts is a bit more involved and they are so easy to damage when fitting, oil/filter changes become slightly more difficult.
Tramonts are a good replica but fibreglass repro can look like a dog's dinner.
I did mine in 2010 at the same time as Jackal his site was and still is invaluable. He eventually went a lot further than I did, ultimately moving on to more exotic machinery.

Attachments

• tastes_like_butter_136.jpg
    tastes_like_butter_136.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 5,369
  • from_the_front_181.jpg
    from_the_front_181.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 5,328
mollytherocker said:
cableguy said:
mollytherocker said:

Rear offset on those would mean some serious arch rolling.

C.

Thanks! What offset do I need? This is the sort of quality information I need before I take the plunge!

NB cars run a 10jx18" Rear with an offset of ET65 as standard. I run Speedlines with ET59 for a slightly more aggressive stance and my arches required a tickle (approx. 25% roll).
Aim for ET65 if you don't want to start rolling the arches.

Remember a spacer can be added to decrease the offset. Eg. A wheel with an offset of ET70 can be reduced to ET65 with a 5mm spacer.

C.

cableguy said:
mollytherocker said:
cableguy said:
mollytherocker said:

Rear offset on those would mean some serious arch rolling.

C.

Thanks! What offset do I need? This is the sort of quality information I need before I take the plunge!

NB cars run a 10jx18" Rear with an offset of ET65 as standard. I run Speedlines with ET59 for a slightly more aggressive stance and my arches required a tickle (approx. 25% roll).
Aim for ET65 if you don't want to start rolling the arches.

Remember a spacer can be added to decrease the offset. Eg. A wheel with an offset of ET70 can be reduced to ET65 with a 5mm spacer.

C.

Thank you so much. Really appreciated. Any more advice is welcome!

With ET 65 I stll needed the n/s arch rolling. Car was set at RS ride height with RS front uprights and solid rear subframe mounts.
The wheel arch cracked when rolled probably due to a previous repair hence the rubbing. O/s was fine.
The solid subframe mounts lower the body a little so I went up 5mm at the rear to maintain rake angle.

Hello,

I sent you PM about wheels.

I have a factory kit from Porsche, not cheap, then you have to have it sprayed, fitted etc I got the speedline replica wheels, cup 2 Tyers. car looks exactly like the one in your pic, midnight blue.

I just had headlight washers welded up also and looks so clean, I love it. I just went in hard, got LW seats paintd backs stripped interior, breaks etc

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back