Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Broken Dizzy Belt.....

Hi all,

Special offer until 31.01.2019 I can order for interested People:

over

A tip when reinserting the distributor.
I used a paint pen to mark the rotor arm positions when I pulled the distributor. If you loose these as I did, presuming you set the engine at TDC with the rotors aligned with the pip on the housing.
Remove the o-ring on the shaft (carefully) it will be tight to get it out otherwise. Trial fit and watch how the rotors move. Set the rotor center line 10.5 mm anti clockwise from the pip measured at the rim and you should be bob on. Refit the o-ring and ease the dizzy back in with a coating of oil on the o-ring and shaft.

Attachments

• reference_mark_234.jpg
    reference_mark_234.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 8,074
My previous post mentioned an outfit in Germany who sell everything including the one off size bearings.....FVD.

Fvd are very good aber das kostet mehr als Diddi.
Not sure that tranlates as I intended, Didddi is cheaper.

Diddi also did a good job on my distributor rebuild. Whilst the belt wasn't broken, it was looking tired and the bearings were rusty and had very little grease left.

Thanks Sutton, and you can drive more relaxed with revised Dizzy!

Information, spare parts, offers for revision, special instructions can be found under PN or [email protected]

I've just had my distributor rebuilt by Diddi, and can highly recommend the service he provides. The unit was sent last Thursday and it's been rebuilt and is back in the car and working this evening, so it's a quick turnaround.

My unit had 110K miles on it and although it wasn't showing any obvious signs of wear when installed, I wanted to have it rebuilt as a piece of precautionary maintenance. The unit is certainly significantly smoother in action (rotating it by hand from the drive gear) than when it came out of the car, and everything about the rebuilt unit looks highly professional.

Recommended.

Hi

I did this a few years ago and it indeed is a bit of a faff. Its the seizing of the bearings that can do the proper damage, and if the breather pipe disconnects the ozone can shorten the belt life.

It used to be that the correct sized bearings were unobtainable, I'm pleased to see that is no longer true.

If you do have a snapped belt I would remove the secondary rotor arm to prevent any unlucky timing issues.

Berni

Hi

That is so funny. It should say "RARE motorsport cooling". Last of.

Berni

Thanks all, doesn't want to show hottor pictures anymore, the problem is condensation water runs into the bearings (loses fat, rust etc.)
and the belt has to pull more but doesn't have a gym and just tears through or jumps over the teeth .

Kat1,Trev, Endoman, Sutton, Nick, Berni.... has done everything right good trip !

i know i couldnt do this myself .i would f.......k it up .

.....my Dizzy is back from Diddi perfectly done and quickly run with DHL !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back