Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Strut brace advice - Rennline, Porsche, perfect power?

pietrzj said:
Perfect power postage is $150 so thats now ruled out :(

Don't forget to also allow for import tax, VAT and admin charges on anything of that value coming in from USA. :cop:

Or wait for Pres Trump and PM May to a give us a UK/US free-trade deal on Friday! :bandit:

madge said:
pietrzj said:
Perfect power postage is $150 so thats now ruled out :(

Don't forget to also allow for import tax, VAT and admin charges on anything of that value coming in from USA. :cop:

Or wait for Pres Trump and PM May to a give us a UK/US free-trade deal on Friday! :bandit:

:floor: is that a mexican emoticon :D

Finally fitted my RUF strut brace:

6maKb5i.jpg

Still prefer the 'low rise' of the perfect power version but it's nicely made, fits under the carpet and adds some RUF cool to the car.

8)

What effect do these things have, is it a track only tool?

What's the correct way to fit one of these? I'm sure I read somewhere (but can't remember where) that both front wheels need to be off of the ground when fitting.

On the face of it, it seems like a five minute job to fix four bolts but is there a bit more to it than that so as to not negatively affect the set up of the car? :?:

Madge, I assumed the car should be on a flat surface with the wheels straight. Maybe even having a particular amount of fuel in the tank would be important too? I gues what you want to do is make the car rigid in its normal driving stance, so not sure why you would do it with the wheels off.

Anyway, this mod has shifted way down the list for now.

jan

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back