Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 C2 Tip Broken down Plan C!!!!

plan C

Right. I'm decisive. I make a plan then stick to it.

errrr

Plan A was to sell it as it is, buy a later Gen II or a Hartech car. Even paid DVLA to take the rumplier plate off
Kept looking at the 996 C4s cab at RPM.
Sorry for not replying to a few pm's.

Plan B would have been great, but isn't going to happen.

Now plan C - Hartech picking motor up next week. They'll strip and inspect and then we'll see where we end up.

Lots of helpful thoughts posted. Man maths means I could argue to scrap or to repair.

cheers all

Exciting!!
Keep us in the know. :thumbs:

The engine was in need of a complete rebuild.
Seems it was probably the timing chain and not the IMS.
Costs with 3.4 rebuild and the other bits it needed doing would have taken it over £20k easily before touching the body work. So Hartech are disposing of it. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

So I've bought one with all the work already done.
Have you tried buying a car that is not black/white/silver and is a convertible? Not many about. I'd have taken a black car at a push. I would love to have been in a position to buy that Turbo S Cab from Nineexcellence.

Thank you all for all your advice, this works out best for me

Cheers

Ed

Attachments

• img_0169new_thumb_1200x800_801.jpg
    img_0169new_thumb_1200x800_801.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 939
I know the car you have bought.... saw it when I took mine there for some work to be done. Looks great 👍

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back