Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

hydraulic lifter replacement with engine in-situ?

pietrzj

Hi,

there is a rennlist post on this, but for some reason the photos are not downloading for me and it is done with the engine out.

Anyone done this job with the engine in?

Is it possible to do the inlet ones in the car? I am assuming the exhaust ones are possible, but don't know - hence the post :)

Jan

Hi Jan, I have problem with some pics on Rennlist, I guess it's down to the browser as when I change device they appear.

I've not changed a lifter so cannot comment I'm afraid, why are you thinking that you require this, what symptoms you having at what mileage?.

Thanks
Trev

I have started getting a ticking from the lhs rear wheel arch which sounds to me like tappets.

Hello
If you are referring to the tappets, yes , they can be done with the engine in situ. Easier if you can take the plugs out to make the engine turn over by hand when you are doing the job.
Make sure you replace the cam cover gaskets. The ones most likely to fail first are the exhaust which is the lower bank as they get hotter.
Good luck.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back