Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Essential tools for the trunk?

Exhaust putty is always a good call too.

Keep your candles out of sight too :oops:

The candles :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

:thumb:

Cadburys chocolate (whole nut), tea bags (Yorkshire), 911 baseball cap.

Outside the scope of tools, but...

A few bottles of mineral water?
A proper torch and LED work lamp.
First aid kit
Hand held GPS
Portable power bank for phone

Join PCA (Porsche Club of America) - I was a member when I lived there and owned a Porsche. I think they allow for foreign membership. Their forum is incredibly active and the help available is huge. You will never be far from someone who's willing to help.

I've thought about doing this - I particularly want to drive thru West Texas. Can you let us known about the shipping costs are, temporary import and Insurance? I am curious, and good luck with the trip.

Ok....if you have any room after the candles are packed.

Teng T1420 great quality mini socket & hex bit set. A bit expensive at £35 but handy to have on any trip - small size at approx 100mm x 60mm x 30mm. Have had and used one for years, brill bit of kit.

Q-Bond adhesive kit - fab for repairing cracks in plastic & metals, plus glues rubbers, belts etc very well, all with a 10 second setting time and again small 2x10ml & 2x5ml bottles, £7.50 on fleabay.

Lithium Portable Car Jump Starter - never used one but could be useful if stuck with a dead or dying battery in the middle of nowhere, as long as it doesn't self-detonate!!

....and don't forget the BBQ 😀

Flatlander said:
Ok....if you have any room after the candles are packed.

Teng T1420 great quality mini socket & hex bit set. A bit expensive at £35 but handy to have on any trip - small size at approx 100mm x 60mm x 30mm. Have had and used one for years, brill bit of kit.

Q-Bond adhesive kit - fab for repairing cracks in plastic & metals, plus glues rubbers, belts etc very well, all with a 10 second setting time and again small 2x10ml & 2x5ml bottles, £7.50 on fleabay.

Lithium Portable Car Jump Starter - never used one but could be useful if stuck with a dead or dying battery in the middle of nowhere, as long as it doesn't self-detonate!!

....and don't forget the BBQ 😀

Love that teng socket set, good recommend :)

Tow eye and dme relay (have been caught out without both in the 993, nearly catastrophic)
Spare alternator belt (snapped mine once but had enough juice to get 8 miles home)
Decent auto digital compressor, waiting 15 mins to inflate a tyre with the OE one gets boring real quick.
Scissors jack
Breaker bar to get wheel nuts off.
Good Jump leads
I'm not that handy with tools but a set of spanners and a socket set would be good as you can often find someone handy to help you

asterix_the_gaul said:
Tow eye and dme relay (have been caught out without both in the 993, nearly catastrophic)
Spare alternator belt (snapped mine once but had enough juice to get 8 miles home)
Decent auto digital compressor, waiting 15 mins to inflate a tyre with the OE one gets boring real quick.
Scissors jack
Breaker bar to get wheel nuts off.
Good Jump leads
I'm not that handy with tools but a set of spanners and a socket set would be good as you can often find someone handy to help you

Good list but you should never need a breaker bar for 993 wheel nuts. ;)

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back