Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 18
997 : 2004- 74
996 : 1997-2005 34
993 : 1993-1998 4
964 : 1989-1993 3
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 3
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 1
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 0
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 18
Cayman : 2005- 14
Cayenne : 2003- 5
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 2
912-914-924-928-944-968 2
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isysman wrote:
I have one of these units and I find it to be frustrating. It works sometimes immediately and then I get our of the car to buy fuel or a Starbucks and then it will not re-pair with the phone. I can't see the phone then I restart the PCM and it sees it but won't play the music, or it plays the music from my phone although I can control it on my PCM, then I restart the phone and the PCM and eventually it works. It's a great idea in principle and on a long trip when you are in the car for a few hours it's fine, but if you are getting in and out it's a faff.

I also find that often when it does pair with the Bovee when I go into Bluetooth settings the phone part did not pair and I have to do it manually.

Don't know if my unit is faulty but that is my experience. And it's behaved this way with two phones.

No I dont think yours is faulty mate mines the same.As I said further up its a decent option to enable you to stream but like all these things that interface with the PCM it can be a bit clunky mine even saysconnected to bovee on the phone but the PCM says its not , then a few mins later its connected . its not perfect but it is all thats available to stream unless you go for an aftermarket head unit. I am not using the laterest software flash for PCM maps etc so there maybe some bug fixes in the latest maps software which might explain why some find it works perfectly and others that its a bit clunky Thumb Thumb

Geezer 911
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved thumbsup

The Y cable was broken. Just received a delivery of a new one it works straight away Thumb

If a you have a Gen 2 and don’t have a Bovee I recommend getting one Thumb

Busterwebb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A question - I have the original Porsche PCM audio interface cable that connects the USB/Aux inputs to an old iPod/iPhone with the 30 way connector. The Apple ‘official’ 30 way to lightning connector then interfaces this with my iPhone 6s and both charges it and interfaces the apple music library and Spotify (though I can’t control Spotify from the PCM screen).

All works perfectly. So does the Bovee interface offer anything more other than wireless connectivity?
2005 Vauxhall Agila (sorry)
2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 (not sorry)

Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busterwebb wrote:
A question - I have the original Porsche PCM audio interface cable that connects the USB/Aux inputs to an old iPod/iPhone with the 30 way connector. The Apple ‘official’ 30 way to lightning connector then interfaces this with my iPhone 6s and both charges it and interfaces the apple music library and Spotify (though I can’t control Spotify from the PCM screen).

All works perfectly. So does the Bovee interface offer anything more other than wireless connectivity?

Spotify etc can be controlled within reason through the PCM with Bovee the biggest advantage is that your phone stays in your pocket and you dont have to mess around conecting it with cables. the iPod option was what I originally had and if all you want to do is listen to an album from your library on your old ipod then what you do is fine,but if you want to access spotify premium or deezer or any of the other music streaming services so you get "all the music in the world ever " to your PCM and have some visual interaction with the PCM while keeping your phone in your pocket, then the Bovee1000 or similar is what you need along with the Y cable that uses the porsche ipod port in the armrest console its this port that I believe gives you the interaction with the PCM doing it the other way using aux and usb allows the sound to access the speakers via the PCM but theres no interface . Thumb Thumb I would try buying the porsche Y cable £30 from the OPC this will allow you to connect to the Porsche Ipod port connect manually your old phone try spotify if that works and intefaces with the PCM giving you some functionality on the PCM, then the only advantage of the bovee would be the wirelessness, and if you dont need that then your good to go. Thumb

boardingnath997
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used my Bovee without issue for the past 18 months and now it seems that it is not working at all. Have tested the Y cable with an iPod and it's working so not a cable issue. Phone can connect to PCM so not a phone issue, just seems like the Bovee is not on or working at all. Any ideas on troubleshooting?

James M-S
Österreich

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the obvious advice.

Is the blue light showing on the bovee? If not, check all connections and whether you have power coming from the usb socket. (Eg plug charger cable in)
Or you could try cig lighter adapter for usb power source.

If you have power, delete the bovee from your phone Bluetooth list and try to pair them again.

Dont know

love154
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i just got my bovee 1000 can get music coming through but very quiet. will it work with iphone 7 or x. also cant get any information from spotify on the screen at all. do i use the ipod button

thanks

Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love154 wrote:
Hi i just got my bovee 1000 can get music coming through but very quiet. will it work with iphone 7 or x. also cant get any information from spotify on the screen at all. do i use the ipod button

thanks

just checking you are connecting it through the Y cable aren't you and not just the single cable .

are you streaming something lie Spotify if so its probably because you need to upgrade to Spotify premium the pay one £10 a month then you will get the full monty service , I think you are getting the restricted free service. Thumb Thumb

love154
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i have the full service and bothwires in. maybee the cable is at fault?

Geezer 911
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very possible. I am on my my second Y cable already.

love154
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi got the new cable and is working better but the volume dont work on the car so it very low. if you go to tuner and turn it up then go back to ipod it louder. i have an iphone 7. also how do you get spotify to work on in interface

love154
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok sorted that problem. you need at least 1 downloaded tune on your phone for it to work. Any body managed to get the spotify playlists in the interface

James M-S
Österreich

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that when using bovee with pcm set to iPod, sometimes pcm will not change the volume, but when using bovee with pcm set to aux, pcm volume control always works.

I can’t get track name displayed when using Spotify (free version), but it will display fine on my old 2010 Kia.

Love154, what do you mean about having one song downloaded to the phone?? Did that fix track title display?

I wondered if it’s because I haven’t got the pcm software update for 7-digit postcode.

AMS911

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have PCM 3.0 and have just purchased a Bovee 1000. I also have the Y cable connected. The issue I seem to have is the PCM doesn't display the iPod function at all... Confused It is only showing Disc and Aux.

When I select Aux and play music playing through Spotify etc on my phone is it does stream the music through the car stereo but there is no control or display function all I have is the aux screen. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Geezer 911
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMS911 wrote:
Hi all,

I have PCM 3.0 and have just purchased a Bovee 1000. I also have the Y cable connected. The issue I seem to have is the PCM doesn't display the iPod function at all... Confused It is only showing Disc and Aux.

When I select Aux and play music playing through Spotify etc on my phone is it does stream the music through the car stereo but there is no control or display function all I have is the aux screen. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Just checking haveyou connected both the Y cable and USB in the ports? If you have only plugged the Y cable it will not function.

love154
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James M-S wrote:
I find that when using bovee with pcm set to iPod, sometimes pcm will not change the volume, but when using bovee with pcm set to aux, pcm volume control always works.

I can’t get track name displayed when using Spotify (free version), but it will display fine on my old 2010 Kia.

Love154, what do you mean about having one song downloaded to the phone?? Did that fix track title display?

I wondered if it’s because I haven’t got the pcm software update for 7-digit postcode.

Go to iTunes and buy a song and download it to your phone. It will then work with volume. Not sure but think you might have to have Spotify premium. I also don’t have the updated pcm

AMS911

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geezer 911 wrote:
AMS911 wrote:
Hi all,

Just checking haveyou connected both the Y cable and USB in the ports? If you have only plugged the Y cable it will not function.

Yes both are plugged in. It’s streaming but only as AUX. which is pretty strange PC I’m using an iPhone X, not sure if that makes a difference. When I press the disc button it only shows the option for disc and aux, not iPod. Anyone else experienced this ?

love154
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMS911 wrote:
Geezer 911 wrote:
AMS911 wrote:
Hi all,

Yes both are plugged in. It’s streaming but only as AUX. which is pret
ty strange PC I’m using an iPhone X, not sure if that makes a difference. When I press the disc button it only shows the option for disc and aux, not iPod. Anyone else experienced this ?

your cable might be the problem

Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMS911 wrote:
Geezer 911 wrote:
AMS911 wrote:
Hi all,

Yes both are plugged in. It’s streaming but only as AUX. which is pretty strange PC I’m using an iPhone X, not sure if that makes a difference. When I press the disc button it only shows the option for disc and aux, not iPod. Anyone else experienced this ?

AMS just checking but assuming that you have a 997.2 with the iPod interface in the centre armrest and if so then are you using the Y cable the one with three ends or the I cable the one with only two ends . Question

AMS911

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
AMS911 wrote:
Geezer 911 wrote:
AMS911 wrote:
Hi all,

AMS just checking but assuming that you have a 997.2 with the iPod interface in the centre armrest and if so then are you using the Y cable the one with three ends or the I cable the one with only two ends . Question

Hi Phil,

Yes that's correct 997.2 with iPod interface in the centre armrest and PCM 3.0. My cable has two ends one that plugs into the USB and the other which plugs into the iPod section. I think

love154 wrote:
your cable might be the problem

may be correct as the cable I have came with the Bovee 1000 I ordered so the Porsche cable may be different?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: