Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted 997 GT3 Gearshift Knob Alcantara PARTno: 99742407590

Aphill80

Hi all,

They are on back order with Porsche and before i place an order with no ETA to actually get an ETA date such a strange system!

Ideally looking for a new or Excellent condition one, i have been all over the web, but as a long shoot someone might have one in stock on a shelf somewhere

Cheers Andy

PARTno: 99742407590

Attachments

• unknown_211.jpg
    unknown_211.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,686
I have a used one which was replaced with a new one last year.
Not sure it'll be much use to you though?

Does that imply it's totally shot then?!

Worn through and bald?

It is a little tired looking but not completely gone.
Ill take some pics in a couple days and send them over to you.

Thanks for the links Phil

wow thats crazy money and like you say used!... Porsche say the parts orderable (no discontinued)

Ive seen the GT2 one, not quite what i am looking for, same issue with the leather one being re-trimed the GT3 one has the look i am after

having the steering wheel re-trimed to look like a gt3 wheel as well.

although re-triming could be a planB if the ETA becomes months.

jack at royal steering wheels can help you

he did a great job on my GT3 steering wheel and gear lever - re trimmed in dark grey alacantara. much cheaper way to go than buying I would say.

'Royal' will be doing the Steering wheel. shortly

its the OEM GT3 look on the gear lever knob I am wanting but yes your right a solid plan B would be to recover my current one to alcantara

Aphill80 said:
Thanks for the links Phil

wow thats crazy money and like you say used!... Porsche say the parts orderable (no discontinued)

Ive seen the GT2 one, not quite what i am looking for, same issue with the leather one being re-trimed the GT3 one has the look i am after

having the steering wheel re-trimed to look like a gt3 wheel as well.

although re-triming could be a planB if the ETA becomes months.

Problem as we know is Porsche we only restock when they feel like getting some more made and as you say it could be months. although it is a popular upgrade so I imagine they will get asked quite a few times which should prompt them to restock.
If you find one that looks a bit tired try some soapy water and a soft nail brush . mine was flat and looked bad from hand oils etc and KJD on one of his "Phil I will detail your interior moods" :grin: :grin: did that and I was amazed that it came up looking like new because its a man made fabric unlike suede :thumb: :thumb:

I bought mine from Suncoast Porsche in the US. I think it was $200-$250

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back