Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My warranty expires this month.... suggestions?

squelch

The warranty on my 997 GTS expires at the end of this month and due to the (tasteful :lol:) mods it will not pass the 111 point check and therefore Porsche simply will not accept my £2k for another couple of years warranty.

So, does anyone have any experience of any other warranty companies or have any suggestions for me?

You feelin' lucky punk?

... personally I didn't bother with warranty when mine expired with my OPC. Had the car 3 years now and so far so good. Like most enthusiasts, I pamper and maintain muchly.

I don't intend selling anytime soon. Like you, I've modded my car also so I burnt my bridges with Porsche on that score. Something I'm pretty relaxed about.

Some on here are all for warranties, some (like me) are not. I'd say it's personal choice based on circumstances. Enjoy the GTS! :thumb:

Norfolk & Idea said:
You feelin' lucky punk?

... personally I didn't bother with warranty when mine expired with my OPC. Had the car 3 years now and so far so good. Like most enthusiasts, I pamper and maintain muchly.

I don't intend selling anytime soon. Like you, I've modded my car also so I burnt my bridges with Porsche on that score. Something I'm pretty relaxed about.

Some on here are all for warranties, some (like me) are not. I'd say it's personal choice based on circumstances. Enjoy the GTS! :thumb:
:agree:

Think I'd do Porsche warranty or not and nothing in between :thumb: :?:

Hmmmmm ..... If you have made mods to your car ..... you do realise that you most probably have invalidated your present warranty anyway ...... :?:

spongebob squarepants said:

If I was a warranty kinda guy, I'd agree with this. I've read of too many stories with warranty claims turning into a battle Royale with 3rd party companies.

Interesting one this, I want to remap my Cayenne Turbo amongst other small personal touches and im 3 months into a 2 year OPC warranty. I'm also not spending 3k on Porsche brakes as Brembo kit you can get far cheaper and just as if not better...
So thoughts, if i remap it and fettle with the exhaust a bit do i guess that if i have any issues whatsover they put me on the naughty step... This is the 1st car in years i've not touched....so far

I'm with Sponge on this. If I felt compelled to have a warranty, I'd go with the OPC warranty, otherwise I'd self insure via the bank account.

baldguy said:
Interesting one this, I want to remap my Cayenne Turbo amongst other small personal touches and im 3 months into a 2 year OPC warranty. I'm also not spending 3k on Porsche brakes as Brembo kit you can get far cheaper and just as if not better...
So thoughts, if i remap it and fettle with the exhaust a bit do i guess that if i have any issues whatsover they put me on the naughty step... This is the 1st car in years i've not touched....so far

A remap will drive a coach and horses right over any OPC warranty related to drive train. That's engine transmission and possibly running gear, not sure.
I think the passenger side vanity mirror might still be covered. That's about it :lol:

FZP said:
I'm with Sponge on this. If I felt compelled to have a warranty, I'd go with the OPC warranty, otherwise I'd self insure via the bank account.

:agree:

If you decide against the OPC warranty I wouldn't waste any money on an inferior product that ultimately may not look after you.

baldguy said:

Yeah .. er... um .. NO ..

You remap it and if the engine goes bang they will see that it has been mapped and they will refuse to pay out .

If you want to fit non standard brakes then thats a different matter .. basically for a warrenty claim then it has to be proven that the third party items fitted didnt contribute to the failure of an item that you are then claiming for under warrenty. .

You fit Brembo brakes and your gearbox packs up then its not related .. you fit them and a wheel bearing goes then there is a possible arguement that the brakes caused it .. if a caliper fails then they WILL say it caused it .

You remap an engine and they wont cover it .. end of .

At the end of the warrenty period you wont be able to renew it unless you remove all mods .

For the OP .. difficult .. forget the cheaper warrentys .. ive dealt with them over the years and they dont pay out .. even when its obvious the item is covered .

Ive herd some good things about aa and rac but its a bit hit and miss .. sometimes they are brilliant .. others and not so .

i think a slush fund is probably the best way forward to be honest .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back