Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

111 Point Check - Tyre and Brake Criteria

Geoffers997

Happy New Year to all.

I'm renewing my OPC warranty in a few weeks time; from what I've managed to research it seems to be good value for money these days when compared against the various third part offerings. It is also pan-European which is good for me as I drive across Spain a couple of times a year - a highly recommended jaunt, especially on a Sunday :)

Now, to my question: The car, a 991 Carrera 2 S, will undergo the dreaded 111 point check (makes me feel like I'm back in the Headmasters Office). I know the front tyres are getting a bit close and will be changed soon, I also have a feeling the discs and pads may be 'getting there' too. Is there a minimum tread depth, pad/disc thickness required to pass the check?

As always, many thanks for any and all advice.

Yes there is and if you're below their criteria it will fail.

I don't know the numbers but 'getting there' sounds like they're too far gone. iirc for tyres it's 3mm+, i.e way more than MOT requirement.

Hello All,
I love the internet; a bit of a search around gave me these figures, I reproduce them here in case anyone else is interested:

Tyres: minimum 4mm (all the same make and type etc)
Discs front: 34mm as new, 1mm wear allowed
Discs rear: 28mm as new, 1mm wear allowed
Brake pads front: 17.3mm as new, 50% wear allowed
Brake pads rear: 16mm as new, 50% wear allowed.

I'll go have a measure and then pop along to my local indy to get the brakes done (using original parts) if required, same deal for tyres if needs be.

Those disc wear tolerances quoted seem a little severe. :dont know:

When I last renewed my warranty the discs had done over 25k miles since they were last replaced and passed without comment.

T8 said:
Those disc wear tolerances quoted seem a little severe. :dont know:

When I last renewed my warranty the discs had done over 25k miles since they were last replaced and passed without comment.

Were you driving it "properly"?

I thought the wear for the discs was 2mm.

So 32mm from the original 34mm?

I am in the same position as the op, waiting to book my 111 point check but first need tyres and maybe front discs.

There is 2 different types of 111 point check ..

One is for cars being prepaired for sale by the OPC and the standards are far higher .. hence 50 % life left on the brakes .

The other is what you guys have done .. tyres just need to be legal .. brakes well again they need to have some life left in them .

Tyres and brakes are Not covered by a warrenty .. so how can they fail it ;)

deMort said:
There is 2 different types of 111 point check ..

One is for cars being prepaired for sale by the OPC and the standards are far higher .. hence 50 % life left on the brakes .

The other is what you guys have done .. tyres just need to be legal .. brakes well again they need to have some life left in them .

Tyres and brakes are Not covered by a warrenty .. so how can they fail it ;)

Was just thinking that! Re the brakes Youre not warranting them so surely not even part of the Inspection? :dont know: but then batteries need to be Porsche ad tyres N rated confused.com....

Yup, tyres need to N rated

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back