Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM 2.1 Replacement

Mic is routed around to the rear view mirror and mounted just by it. Bear in mind mine is a cabrio and the fitter said it was the best place for it. Works perfectly even with the roof down at 70 ;)

GPS, couldn't tell you I'm afraid!

Resurrecting an old thread.
When changing the pcm 2.1, the cost is for the new nav/audio plus an adapter for the fibre optics which is approx £300.
Is that correct?
Benny

The lead, if you need it, was about £250. The head unit I got was £263, fitting included. Pretty sure DA120 has been replaced now and saw the newer version with DAB and Android Auto on a different thread the other day.

PCM2.1 will sell for between £300 and £350 on ebay without a problem, plenty of Boxster owners used to want them!

Depends what head unit you get, but pretty happy with mine, but will at some point upgrade to one with android auto and DAB.

bennyy said:
Resurrecting an old thread.
When changing the pcm 2.1, the cost is for the new nav/audio plus an adapter for the fibre optics which is approx £300.
Is that correct?
Benny

have you got bose or are you sure the cables Fibre optic, if its not then you may well not need the MOST interface module . :thumb:

I don't have bose, but do have multi function steering wheel, and needed the lead for that........

resigner said:
I don't have bose, but do have multi function steering wheel, and needed the lead for that........

:floor: :floor: ironically I didnt have bose or mf wheel ,but some idiot at the factory still used fibre optic cables on my car ,so I also needed the most interface :grin: :grin: :thumb:

impending upgrade

About to replace the PCM 2.1 on my 2007 Cayenne. Looking at putting in a Pioneer AVH-Z9100DAB.

A couple of questions if anyone has any advice.

1. Best company for good facia for the unit. (don't want it to look cheap)
2. Believe has the Bose optical amp so will need unit to convert signal. Any advice on best one to get?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back