Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fraud Warning: Scammers offering parts via PM system

We've just been advised of another USA based scammer, per the below.

Hi,

Emailing about your AD . Please contact Will on [email protected] regarding your request. He is located in Nashville, Tennessee 37202 and can arrange shipping. I Purchased items from him and they arrived in TOP condition."¨
Thanks

THIS IS A SCAM

911uk members please please be aware of such messages.

Attachments

• 2018_01_30_16_52_04_201.jpg
    2018_01_30_16_52_04_201.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 33,024
911UK said:
We've just been advised of another USA based scammer, per the below.

Hi,

Emailing about your AD . Please contact Will on [email protected] regarding your request. He is located in Nashville, Tennessee 37202 and can arrange shipping. I Purchased items from him and they arrived in TOP condition."¨
Thanks

THIS IS A SCAM

911uk members please please be aware of such messages.

Re. Above Scam. This is the one:

Name: William Jurbit

e-mail: [email protected]

Banking details:

Account name: Ann Jubirt

Bank Name: Regions Bank
Account Number: 0259267461
Routing number: 064000017
Swift Code: UPNBUS44
Banks address: Regions Bank, 1415 Union Ave, Memphis, TN 38104
Address: 358 Normandy Cir, Nashville, TN 37209

Phone #: +1 615 7777 583

I got the same PM and was close on loosing USD 3000,- My bank manage to stop the transfer and return the fund to my account.
:hand:

Another scam PM received, watch out their back!

I got another scam pm today from member sebcast sending this message:

"Email Michael at [email protected] regarding your request. I'm sure he can help. I bought from him and I was satisfied with everything. Jonesville, NC 28642.. This guy is TOP Notch"

So just watch out everyone they seem to be back fishing
:cop:

anything from North Carolina is the same mob of scammers , good flag mate :thumb:

Re: Another scam PM received, watch out their back!

Thefinn, thanks for the latest alert :thumb:

For anyone looking for parts for sale, please be alert to scammer who send you a PM offering you parts for sale.

These would be via members who have no posts to their name and example messages are the following.

"Email Michael at [email protected] regarding your request. I'm sure he can help. I bought from him and I was satisfied with everything. Jonesville, NC 28642.. This guy is TOP Notch".

Any deal offered would be very low and below the market price however payment would be requested via a Bank Transfer, which can not be refunded.

THIS IS A SCAM

Should you be approached by PM from a user with zero posts, then cease all contact, do not send any money and contact site admin '911uk' so that we can block the user.

Members should always conduct necessary due diligence on any parts sale, especially with any transaction outside the UK, paying only with a recognised 'refundable' payment method

The same buyer fraud protection applies, especially in terms of the payment method, avoid western union, money gram and a bank transfer.

Warning about receiving the following message via the PM system.

Again another fraudster.

Hi,

Emailing about your request. Please contact Karl on [email protected] regarding your request. Fast shipping and trusted. Located in the USA and can arrange shipping.

I received this one

obedv said:
Hi,

Emailing about your request. Please contact Bob on [email protected] regarding your request. He is located in Sacramento, CA 94273 and fast shipping.

Again another fraudster.
User name : jichetrocl

Hi,

Emailing about your request. Please contact Bob on [email protected] regarding your request. Fast shipping and trusted.

911UK said:

Again another fraudster.

Hi,

Emailing about your request. Please contact Bob on [email protected] regarding your request. Fast shipping and trusted.

Yep I got the same message today

Thefinn said:
911UK said:

Again another fraudster.

Hi,

Yep I got the same message today

+1 same message yesterday

MODS: Possible scam PM I've just received???

I popped a post up some months ago now wanting some Zunsport front grilles for my 981.
I've jus received a PM from 'dabble1' asking me to email an address.
I the users post history and none!
Just a heads up to all in case it is a scam.
Apologies if it isn't.
:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back