Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spyder Performance - Valved Exhaust - Anyone have one

Kingb4

Hi All,

Am looking round at options for the back-box on my 996 C2.
I have a Top-gear 200cel 63mm X-pipe to fit this winter and trying to decide what back box to use with it.
Was thinking about Top-Gear sports boxes.
Would love their valved exhaust, but cant justify the price tag (even if there is a group-buy later in the year). Was wondering if this might be the compromise:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-...eel-Valved-Exhaust-Silencers-Set/332724170839

Have searched on the forums and seen Spyder come up, in relation to coffin arms and also for the 83mm plenum. But nobody has mentioned their exhaust systems. Wanted to see if anyone has tried one?
As the car is a keeper (assuming nothing major happens), the lifetime warranty on the Top-Gear products doe appeal.

Cheers
Ben

I've bought one, arrived last week but I haven't fitted it yet, I'll post up when I do

Hi Effervesce - thats cool. What do you think of the quality of it (realise its purely based on visual inspection). What cats and manifold are you going to use with it?

Realise its cheeky to ask, but if you get the opportunity, would love a video/sound-clip (when its fitted).

Final thought: This forum is great for linking people.

dean that runs Eporsche in woking are behind spyder and their stuff is good.

well worth a shot at that price too.

NLW73 said:
dean that runs Eporsche in woking are behind spyder and their stuff is good.

well worth a shot at that price too.

Thaks good to know, as my first thought was oh hope its not Dansk quality and more topgear quality. be interested in hearing a soundbyte when fitted. :thumb: :thumb:

I bought coffin arms and tuning forks from Dean and they're fine and very good value.

I've bought other stuff from him too, good guys to deal with.

Just received the exhaust. Looks well made. Fitting next week.

Has anyone fitted this one so far, how's it been?

Be interested to see how you get on Cvega. Keep us posted.

I got an amazing deal on some nearly new Designtek Supremacy boxes (they have a pre-installed Gundo Hack).
http://www.designtek.eu/Exhaust-Muf...UPREMACY-DesignTek-for-Porsche-996/prod17391/

I am yet to fit them. However if these dont give me the sound I want (very personal - so cant say till I hear them on my car) - I will try something else and the Spyder ones are on the list.......

just got it out of the box, looks well made.
nCRmOfY.jpg

qTTHnuv.jpg

Looking forward to hearing about the fit and your opinion on performance.
I will need to replace mine sometime soon, they can only be bodged for so long, and these are certainly well priced.
I am happy with the noise performance of the originals, the quiet setting is just that and the open setting gives a nice note when accelerating hard.
Thanks for your feedback.
Regards

I had PSE fitted to my last 996 by Agnews in Belfast. At the time it cost £1200 fitted! .. and was certainly the very best mod I did. It brought the enjoyment of driving to a new level.
I'd like to reclaim this without paying current PSE prices .. I'm very interested in this Spyder system.
Please do report back once fitted.

So - had it fitted the other day. I know I'm a bit useless but haven't recorded any clips so far. I'll get round to it when i drive the car next.

Installation (done by Kev / DW) took a few hours but it was mostly down to how rotten and sad my original exhaust was:
nRVEE4Q.jpg

vR6IoEy.jpg

Caution - this exhaust does not come with any installation kit - so no brackets to connect to the cats, and no clamp to connect your old exhaust tips. Those were absolutely shot on my car so add that to the cost when you are considering this kit - or use someone like Kev / DW who will just sort them out for you on the day - brilliant.
Pf7GwZS.jpg

Now onto the use; it seems that by default the valves are open, and you cannot switch them off when the engine is off - makes sense since they are operating valves by vacuum. Doesn't bother me but worth mentioning.

Compared to the standard exhaust, even with valves closed it has a lot more bark. When you switch them to ON (valves open) it's quite loud.
I love the sound - it reminds me of older 911's at full chat. All in all i think it's worth a punt for the price (I got mine for £600 delivered thanks to an ebay coupon). We'll see how it holds up - it has 1 year warranty compared to others.

cvega said:
Now onto the use; it seems that by default the valves are open, and you cannot switch them off when the engine is off - makes sense since they are operating valves by vacuum. Doesn't bother me but worth mentioning.

Have you got the vacuum tank and check valve from the proper Porsche PSE installed? This should hold the vacuum and keep the valves in the closed/quiet position for start.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back