Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 15
992 : 2019- 0
997 : 2004- 66
996 : 1997-2005 30
993 : 1993-1998 5
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 2
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 1
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 0
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 20
Cayman : 2005- 13
Cayenne : 2003- 2
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

MattyR
Hockenheim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks really lovely. Good work! Is that your 993 in the garage Thumb

Is this going to be a daily or weekend ride?

Windy101
Monza

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattyR wrote:
That looks really lovely. Good work! Is that your 993 in the garage Thumb

Is this going to be a daily or weekend ride?

This car is set to be my daily. Its a 997.1 GT3 your can see with the cover on in the background.

FZP
Estoril

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windy101 wrote:
I took the plunge. Cocoa is very nice in low light. Car is an early Gen2 3.6 manual.

Well what can one say other than you are a man of exemplary taste and sophistication. Looks a treat. As you move through your ownership lifecycle and you start looking at future 911 purchases, you'll find yourself wanting Cocoa again.
Thumb

Windy101
Monza

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FZP wrote:
Windy101 wrote:
I took the plunge. Cocoa is very nice in low light. Car is an early Gen2 3.6 manual.

Well what can one say other than you are a man of exemplary taste and sophistication. Looks a treat. As you move through your ownership lifecycle and you start looking at future 911 purchases, you'll find yourself wanting Cocoa again.
Thumb

Let me hope you are correct, still not 100% sure, although I am not planning a change soon. I have had my 993 for almost 18 years - scary!

Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it Thumb the centre consoles already been painted. a few other nicely chosen bits and it will be perfect . suggest you live with it a bit and then decide what to do as there are a number of options out there both OE and aftermarket. I won't list all my thoughts lol as I will be in trouble for spending your money Grin Yes I know you lot it hasn't stopped me in the past Grin
It will be good to hear what your thoughts are re adding some bits . Thumb Thumb

Windy101
Monza

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
I like it Thumb the centre consoles already been painted. a few other nicely chosen bits and it will be perfect . suggest you live with it a bit and then decide what to do as there are a number of options out there both OE and aftermarket. I won't list all my thoughts lol as I will be in trouble for spending your money Grin Yes I know you lot it hasn't stopped me in the past Grin
It will be good to hear what your thoughts are re adding some bits . Thumb Thumb

Come on then, you can't stop there. What would be on your list of 'a few other nicely chosen bits'??

Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floor Floor thought you would never ask Grin

Ok as the cars silver and the centre console is silver and seat back silver I would swap out the 3.6 volcano grey dash trim and add the 3.8 galvarno silver dash trim , easy to do from ebay. then I would buy a matching silver instrument surround the black or in your case brown plastic thing that cowels the guages. That would be project 1
project 2 find a used X97 hand break and loose the brown leather front section of the hand break, and if you were lucky enough to find an X97 gear knob stick that on instead of the brown one . get your Porsche mats changed to a set of black ones or at min get black or silver leather edged round the brown ones, cost me £35 from a re trimmer to do mine in electric blue leather.
A little more money but then look at the OE silver door arm rest and pull handle .
So thats started to break the sea of brown up a bit and lighten it up.
those are the relatively easy bits
Then you have to decide about where to go next and to what level , if it was mine I think I would go lower dash and armrest in black alcantara and matching steering wheel either retrim yours or get a gen2 wheel as yours is an early gen2 it has still got the gen1 sports wheel which all the early gen2s came with. either that or if you prefer leather then cheapest option is black leather lower dash and steering wheel off ebay , more expensive option as we discussed before get the top of the dash retrimmed in black leather and the top of the door cards or alternatively see if the breakers have a black top dash for sale and fit that allowing you to keep the original for when its sold.
Those were my initial thoughts on what I would do with a cocoa interior if silver isn't your thing then every thing I mentioned is avail in carbon which would pull through the black/brown look more . and as we saw further up the thread black brown is a nice contracting look. I think the key is to decide your theme and try not to use more than 3 colours or it may start to look too busy. Hope that throws a few ideas into the pot the more I think about brown. black and carbon the more it moves to my first option , and can be done a bit at a time budget allowing .
Thumb Thumb Thumb

Frenchmeister
Barcelona

2004 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocoa rocks IMO, especially on silver cars......lovely !
BMW E46 330i touring M Sport 05 Imola Red 2

Windy101
Monza

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:

Ok as the cars silver and the centre console is silver and seat back silver I would swap out the 3.6 volcano grey dash trim and add the 3.8 galvarno silver dash trim , easy to do from ebay. then I would buy a matching silver instrument surround the black or in your case brown plastic thing that cowels the guages. That would be project 1
project 2 find a used X97 hand break and loose the brown leather front section of the hand break, and if you were lucky enough to find an X97 gear knob stick that on instead of the brown one . get your Porsche mats changed to a set of black ones or at min get black or silver leather edged round the brown ones, cost me £35 from a re trimmer to do mine in electric blue leather.
A little more money but then look at the OE silver door arm rest and pull handle .
Then you have to decide about where to go next and to what level , if it was mine I think I would go lower dash and armrest in black alcantara and matching steering wheel either retrim yours or get a gen2 wheel as yours is an early gen2 it has still got the gen1 sports wheel which all the early gen2s came with. either that or if you prefer leather then cheapest option is black leather lower dash and steering wheel off ebay , more expensive option as we discussed before get the top of the dash retrimmed in black leather and the top of the door cards or alternatively see if the breakers have a black top dash for sale and fit that allowing you to keep the original for when its sold.
Those were my initial thoughts on what I would do with a cocoa interior if silver isn't your thing then every thing I mentioned is avail in carbon which would pull through the black/brown look more . and as we saw further up the thread black brown is a nice contracting look. I think the key is to decide your theme and try not to use more than 3 colours or it may start to look too busy. Hope that throws a few ideas into the pot the more I think about brown. black and carbon the more it moves to my first option , and can be done a bit at a time budget allowing .
Thumb Thumb Thumb

Food for thought. A few things I had considered and many I had not. I had thought about black mats and maybe a black steering wheel.

Just been having a look on eBay! Do you know part numbers for hand brake and gear knob you would look for?

jpsh120
Hockenheim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windy101 wrote:
Phil 997 wrote:

Thumb Thumb Thumb

Food for thought. A few things I had considered and many I had not. I had thought about black mats and maybe a black steering wheel.

Just been having a look on eBay! Do you know part numbers for hand brake and gear knob you would look for?

And another falls under the spell of Phil.

Car looks lovely BTW Thumb

BHZ661
Barcelona

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that , interior looks stunning thumbsup

MaxA
Albert Park

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A silver 3.6 manual with cocoa interior makes for a pretty special daily driver: I'd be tempted just to add houndstooth to the seats for a really special effect. No need to go berserk [sorry Phil] on this one unless you have the funds...

Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a search about there are no X97 hand breaks currently for sale used design 911 have the set new but its over a grand .they do come up but you need to move quickly on them as they are very popular.

LA dismantlers look like they have an X97 knob
http://www.ladismantler.com/porsche-911-987-997tt-997-turbo-shifter-knob-boot-997-424-981-00-genuine-oem/

carbon hand break OE ,there are aftermarket ones also avail.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-997-Carrera-Carbon-Fiber-Handbrake-Emergency-E-Brake-Hand-Lever-OEM/162460167812?epid=1917885569&hash=item25d3616e84:g:kBkAAOSwhQhY5UW8:rk:28:pf:0

Alcantara
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Porsche-911-997-Carrera-GT3-Alcantara-E-Brake-Hand-Brake-Handle-OEM/263963284612?hash=item3d75701484:g:UDcAAOSwOwpbrnaJ:rk:5:pf:0

if you were going carbon then have a look at super tweaks web site .

ragpicker
Reims

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done OP!

I think that has to be the most splendid looking interior I've seen on a 997.

I'd just leave it as it is (if it were me, but its not).

worship

Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree , it needs to be subtle, and I also love the houndstooth seat trim in the pic further up. it would make it special that and the X97 gear knob ,hand break , and a gen2 sports wheel in black with the galvarno dash trim would be a nice look if you wanted classy , if you wanted racey then the carbon options Thumb Thumb

Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpsh120 wrote:
Windy101 wrote:
Phil 997 wrote:

Thumb Thumb Thumb

And another falls under the spell of Phil.

Car looks lovely BTW Thumb

Floor Floor Floor Noooooo , I agree with everyone it needs to be subtle just a few well chosen tweaks , my long list was ideas into the pot ,not to do them all Grin Grin Thumb

FZP
Estoril

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....said the bottle shop owner to the alcoholics anonymous meeting Grin

HSC911
Long Beach

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knew you'd love it Very Happy

Well done on the purchase Thumb

Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FZP wrote:
.....said the bottle shop owner to the alcoholics anonymous meeting Grin

Floor Floor Floor I called them once , they took ages to fix my car .seems there are two AAs Floor Floor Floor

pzero
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragpicker wrote:
well done OP!

I think that has to be the most splendid looking interior I've seen on a 997.

I'd just leave it as it is (if it were me, but its not).

worship

+1 Very cool.
Sometimes the best thing you can do is just admire, as is the case here IMO.
You could of course mod away to your heart's content (and pocket) but why spoil it?
Anyway, it's your canvas, enjoy it how you wish.

'Tis a lovely thing.
thumbsup

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: