Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cocoa Brown Interior

Phil 997 said:
I like it :thumb: the centre consoles already been painted. a few other nicely chosen bits and it will be perfect . suggest you live with it a bit and then decide what to do as there are a number of options out there both OE and aftermarket. I won't list all my thoughts lol as I will be in trouble for spending your money :grin: Yes I know you lot it hasn't stopped me in the past :grin:
It will be good to hear what your thoughts are re adding some bits . :thumb: :thumb:

Come on then, you can't stop there. What would be on your list of 'a few other nicely chosen bits'??

:floor: :floor: thought you would never ask :grin:

Ok as the cars silver and the centre console is silver and seat back silver I would swap out the 3.6 volcano grey dash trim and add the 3.8 galvarno silver dash trim , easy to do from ebay. then I would buy a matching silver instrument surround the black or in your case brown plastic thing that cowels the guages. That would be project 1
project 2 find a used X97 hand break and loose the brown leather front section of the hand break, and if you were lucky enough to find an X97 gear knob stick that on instead of the brown one . get your Porsche mats changed to a set of black ones or at min get black or silver leather edged round the brown ones, cost me £35 from a re trimmer to do mine in electric blue leather.
A little more money but then look at the OE silver door arm rest and pull handle .
So thats started to break the sea of brown up a bit and lighten it up.
those are the relatively easy bits
Then you have to decide about where to go next and to what level , if it was mine I think I would go lower dash and armrest in black alcantara and matching steering wheel either retrim yours or get a gen2 wheel as yours is an early gen2 it has still got the gen1 sports wheel which all the early gen2s came with. either that or if you prefer leather then cheapest option is black leather lower dash and steering wheel off ebay , more expensive option as we discussed before get the top of the dash retrimmed in black leather and the top of the door cards or alternatively see if the breakers have a black top dash for sale and fit that allowing you to keep the original for when its sold.
Those were my initial thoughts on what I would do with a cocoa interior if silver isn't your thing then every thing I mentioned is avail in carbon which would pull through the black/brown look more . and as we saw further up the thread black brown is a nice contracting look. I think the key is to decide your theme and try not to use more than 3 colours or it may start to look too busy. Hope that throws a few ideas into the pot the more I think about brown. black and carbon the more it moves to my first option , and can be done a bit at a time budget allowing .
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cocoa rocks IMO, especially on silver cars......lovely !

Phil 997 said:

Ok as the cars silver and the centre console is silver and seat back silver I would swap out the 3.6 volcano grey dash trim and add the 3.8 galvarno silver dash trim , easy to do from ebay. then I would buy a matching silver instrument surround the black or in your case brown plastic thing that cowels the guages. That would be project 1
project 2 find a used X97 hand break and loose the brown leather front section of the hand break, and if you were lucky enough to find an X97 gear knob stick that on instead of the brown one . get your Porsche mats changed to a set of black ones or at min get black or silver leather edged round the brown ones, cost me £35 from a re trimmer to do mine in electric blue leather.
A little more money but then look at the OE silver door arm rest and pull handle .
Then you have to decide about where to go next and to what level , if it was mine I think I would go lower dash and armrest in black alcantara and matching steering wheel either retrim yours or get a gen2 wheel as yours is an early gen2 it has still got the gen1 sports wheel which all the early gen2s came with. either that or if you prefer leather then cheapest option is black leather lower dash and steering wheel off ebay , more expensive option as we discussed before get the top of the dash retrimmed in black leather and the top of the door cards or alternatively see if the breakers have a black top dash for sale and fit that allowing you to keep the original for when its sold.
Those were my initial thoughts on what I would do with a cocoa interior if silver isn't your thing then every thing I mentioned is avail in carbon which would pull through the black/brown look more . and as we saw further up the thread black brown is a nice contracting look. I think the key is to decide your theme and try not to use more than 3 colours or it may start to look too busy. Hope that throws a few ideas into the pot the more I think about brown. black and carbon the more it moves to my first option , and can be done a bit at a time budget allowing .

Food for thought. A few things I had considered and many I had not. I had thought about black mats and maybe a black steering wheel.

Just been having a look on eBay! Do you know part numbers for hand brake and gear knob you would look for?

Windy101 said:
Phil 997 said:

Food for thought. A few things I had considered and many I had not. I had thought about black mats and maybe a black steering wheel.

Just been having a look on eBay! Do you know part numbers for hand brake and gear knob you would look for?

And another falls under the spell of Phil.

Car looks lovely BTW :thumb:

A silver 3.6 manual with cocoa interior makes for a pretty special daily driver: I'd be tempted just to add houndstooth to the seats for a really special effect. No need to go berserk [sorry Phil] on this one unless you have the funds...

Just had a search about there are no X97 hand breaks currently for sale used design 911 have the set new but its over a grand .they do come up but you need to move quickly on them as they are very popular.

LA dismantlers look like they have an X97 knob
http://www.ladismantler.com/porsche...shifter-knob-boot-997-424-981-00-genuine-oem/

carbon hand break OE ,there are aftermarket ones also avail.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-91...=item25d3616e84:g:kBkAAOSwhQhY5UW8:rk:28:pf:0

Alcantara
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Porsc...h=item3d75701484:g:UDcAAOSwOwpbrnaJ:rk:5:pf:0

if you were going carbon then have a look at super tweaks web site .

I have to agree , it needs to be subtle, and I also love the houndstooth seat trim in the pic further up. it would make it special that and the X97 gear knob ,hand break , and a gen2 sports wheel in black with the galvarno dash trim would be a nice look if you wanted classy , if you wanted racey then the carbon options :thumb: :thumb:

jpsh120 said:
Windy101 said:
Phil 997 said:

And another falls under the spell of Phil.

Car looks lovely BTW :thumb:

:floor: :floor: :floor: Noooooo , I agree with everyone it needs to be subtle just a few well chosen tweaks , my long list was ideas into the pot ,not to do them all :grin: :grin: :thumb:

.....said the bottle shop owner to the alcoholics anonymous meeting :grin:

FZP said:
.....said the bottle shop owner to the alcoholics anonymous meeting :grin:

:floor: :floor: :floor: I called them once , they took ages to fix my car .seems there are two AAs :floor: :floor: :floor:

ragpicker said:
well done OP!

I think that has to be the most splendid looking interior I've seen on a 997.

I'd just leave it as it is (if it were me, but its not).

:worship:

+1 Very cool.
Sometimes the best thing you can do is just admire, as is the case here IMO.
You could of course mod away to your heart's content (and pocket) but why spoil it?
Anyway, it's your canvas, enjoy it how you wish.

'Tis a lovely thing.
:thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back