Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cocoa Brown Interior

I really like the Cocoa I think it's class.
From memory the early anniversary boxsters were GT silver and Cocoa and looked really good.

mikeluke said:
Phil,
I thought that those pictures of your car were after you had added MORE blue???

:?:

It was ,I added blue to break up the sea of blue :dont know: well you know what I mean a contrasting blue .
The cabins on these cars are quite small and a sea of any colour can look a bit corporate ,which is why so many break it up with a painted centre console.

but really you can do what you like if it makes you happy , heres a pic of my gen1 and what I did to break up the sea of stone grey :floor: :floor:

Attachments

• img_1332_129.jpg
    img_1332_129.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 2,109
You could always wear a pair of Michael Portillo's trousers?

I'd break up the interior with some classic houndstooth fabric. End result would be stunning.

Attachments

• 9f4eca35_7419_4b8f_9cbf_08c9622abb14_210.jpeg
    9f4eca35_7419_4b8f_9cbf_08c9622abb14_210.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 2,081
Windy101 said:
I am looking at a 997.2 which is a few hundred miles from me.

The car is Silver. Meteor Grey Mettalic.

This is not something I would have chosen and I would prefer black but should I discount a car purely on this interior colour.

What are peoples opinions on this colour choice. Will it bug me every day or will I forget about it?

I know this is a personal thing but I am looking for others opinions.

Thanks.

I've been looking at the same motor, very nice C2 Manual? A bit too expensive I thought, but love the colour combo

Here it is with the silver console. This is a Gen 1 obviously but it looks good, especially with the hard back seats.

GTSilver997ConsoleCocoa.jpg
[/img]

My 2p's:

It looks hideous with the flash on the above pic, and not really liking the Silver centre console.

the houndstooth seats look stunning, and the pure cocoa pics also look luxurious.

Don't worry about resale, you're buying it for you!

James M-S said:
My 2p's:

It looks hideous with the flash on the above pic, and not really liking the Silver centre console.

the houndstooth seats look stunning, and the pure cocoa pics also look luxurious.

Don't worry about resale, you're buying it for you!

The question is not about resale. Its about living with this colour.

Ridders said:
Windy101 said:
I am looking at a 997.2 which is a few hundred miles from me.

The car is Silver. Meteor Grey Mettalic.

This is not something I would have chosen and I would prefer black but should I discount a car purely on this interior colour.

What are peoples opinions on this colour choice. Will it bug me every day or will I forget about it?

I know this is a personal thing but I am looking for others opinions.

Thanks.

I've been looking at the same motor, very nice C2 Manual? A bit too expensive I thought, but love the colour combo

Sent you a PM

I took the plunge. Cocoa is very nice in low light. Car is an early Gen2 3.6 manual.

Attachments

• 9972_1_330.jpeg
    9972_1_330.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 1,803
  • 9972_2_539.jpeg
    9972_2_539.jpeg
    298.1 KB · Views: 1,803
That looks really lovely. Good work! Is that your 993 in the garage :thumb:

Is this going to be a daily or weekend ride?

MattyR said:
That looks really lovely. Good work! Is that your 993 in the garage :thumb:

Is this going to be a daily or weekend ride?

This car is set to be my daily. Its a 997.1 GT3 your can see with the cover on in the background.

Windy101 said:
I took the plunge. Cocoa is very nice in low light. Car is an early Gen2 3.6 manual.
Well what can one say other than you are a man of exemplary taste and sophistication. Looks a treat. As you move through your ownership lifecycle and you start looking at future 911 purchases, you'll find yourself wanting Cocoa again.
:thumb:

FZP said:
Windy101 said:
Well what can one say other than you are a man of exemplary taste and sophistication. Looks a treat. As you move through your ownership lifecycle and you start looking at future 911 purchases, you'll find yourself wanting Cocoa again.
:thumb:

Let me hope you are correct, still not 100% sure, although I am not planning a change soon. I have had my 993 for almost 18 years - scary!

I like it :thumb: the centre consoles already been painted. a few other nicely chosen bits and it will be perfect . suggest you live with it a bit and then decide what to do as there are a number of options out there both OE and aftermarket. I won't list all my thoughts lol as I will be in trouble for spending your money :grin: Yes I know you lot it hasn't stopped me in the past :grin:
It will be good to hear what your thoughts are re adding some bits . :thumb: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back