Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bose Subwoofer for a Cab

Milo72

Anyone know if these can be retro fitted? Just seen my local breakers has one but wasn't sure if all the cables were already in place and if it would be a simple plug in....

im guessing not Milo,
AFAIK these are all fibre optic cabled, so a complete retrofit would probably be needed :?

Huge job and not worth the cost v the improvements , you could get a far better amp sub speaker set up for a fraction of the cost , have a look at the thread by Ducatirob to see what he did, amazing sound system in his car :thumb: :thumb: but you could get a better than bose set up more easily than Rob why wanted the very best sound . I fitted a rainbow beats amp and alpine head unit and that was better than Bose and that was without adding sub and changing speakers. :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks for the replies... Onviously not a couple of clips and a cable then :eek:

I too subscribe to the above, the Bose setup is decent enough but not amazing, if I was looking to upgrade I would definitely go for something else.

As a side note, been 15 years since I started sampling various Bose products and still amazes me the brand is regarded as this premium audio product stuff, I suppose that just like Beats they've got some pretty good marketing skills.

If you want something compact, then a few people on the forums have gone for underseat sub's from Kenwood or Focal. Depending on your car & seat positions these may not actually fit under the seats.

I've no connection to them, but this trader currently has some deals on kenwood & focal subs:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/bass-de...s-active-bass-tubes-boxes-underseat-subwoofer

Re: connections, as far as I'm aware the stock head unit uses a 15amp fuse, According to Focal's installation instructions, for a stereo with less than 25amp fuse, you'd need to use the "traditional" option for separate direct power/earth connections rather than the piggy back ISO connectors provided with their active subwoofer.

That should be simple enough with a fuse tap/piggy back from another unused slot, & then you just need to find a suitable earth, & connect the remote signal, & rca leads to your head unit.

hth

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back