Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone know this 993 c4s?

Re: 993

stichill99 said:
Everybody is predicting the end of the petrol engine but I honestly fail to see where the electricity is going to come from to charge millions of cars overnight. We hardly produce enough to boil everybodys kettles during the break in coronation street!

Wholeheartedly agree on the lack of technology, but sales and (therefore values) can turn on sentiment only.

Diesel sales at down 50% on two years ago - this is a massive decline based on what.....no changes in tax, technology, just customer sentiment.

Hybrid petrol engines will rule the roost for the next 30 years ie petrol will remain a fuel supply for a long time yet.

One stat says it all........ to provide the infrastructure to go fully electric by 2030 c400 charging Points have to be installed PER DAY from now. The second is that 60% of cars DO NOT have off street parking.

Even if the tech is there the cost / infrastructure to deliver it us not and will not be for a very long time. Certainly long enough for me to not have to worry about how I will fuel my petrol classic :wink:

As for the fabled bubble, 993 in particular will be immune to that for 2 basic reasons...... they where massively undervalued to start with back in 2012 / 13 so it was more a correction than a bubble and simple supply and demand ie they do not need many people, whether than actually be millennials or not, to retain their values :thumb:

#re electric infrastructure I have just spent 6 months researching the tech for our businesses which include a large portfolio of both private and public car parking facilities. Those currently investing in the tech are doing so as loss leaders for other reasons, at some point it will have to be paid for by you and me and that will be why hybrid will bridge the gap for decades yet.

The average pint of beer is over £1 more now than it was in 2008. I'm not going to stop drinking it because it looks poor value compared to years gone.

I'm happy with what I paid for mine. Less happy with what I have spent since but also happy the work has been done. Turning it into a 3.8 has made it very special. At no point did I ever expect to get my money back when I sell.

Paying more for a lower mileage example probably makes a lot of sense if whoever is buying only intends to do a couple of thousand miles a year. Someone intending to put 10k a year on is likely better off with a higher miles car. Assuming both examples are decent.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back