Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Latest 3.0 litre turbocharged engines in the Carrera and S

Steve_W

I'm presently running a 2016 4S with 7k on the clock apart from a split coolant pipe it's been very reliable,I'm just wondering how other owners running the new 3.0 litre Turbo Charged engines are finding them especially in reliability terms and any warranty work that they've had to have done,has any common issues been found with these motors,I've looked on the websites and can't see any major problems but I thought I'd ask owners who are running these the question.
Steve_w

Have a look at Kiwi Nick on YouTube. Being in America he clocks up plenty of miles and has friends that do even more.

I'll be hitting 50k miles in mine in the next few months... I've had oil change done every 10k miles out of mechanical respect. Had a couple of engine bits done:

Had it overheat on the motorway last summer, fault was a replacement coolant cap, as seal had gone and it was drawing in air, took a couple of attempts to find the fault but a simple fix. there have been a few that have had the coolant valves replaced under warranty but no issue with mine personally. there were a few 911's in the garage at same time as mine with overheating issues. I notice in the new 992 write up they talk about increased cooling in the design of the engine.

Had a bit of smoke out of one exhaust and a minor loss of oil over a couple of thousand miles or so, was resolved with a replaced turbo and a replaced air oil separator.

Thats pretty much it over 50k miles, had a new washer pipe the other week. Nothing out of the ordinary from any other new car that i've owned. Has been reliable and robust through all seasons for such a performance car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robinld56
Back