Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone know this 993 c4s?

rc944

Reg is n850 fvw car is in the cornwall area and its advertised for a heady 80k on AT

I've not seen the car advertised but £80k is by no means 'hefty" for a 993 C4S

#various factors can affect value and the range is wide for a C4S but £80k is more lower end than high end ;-)

Agree with Jont here...

A lot of the good examples that could fetch 100+ just don't hit the market anymore

I haven't seen a c2S manual with 50k miles or less on the market except the the 25,000 mile 911v (or hairpin) one that was sold before they even gave a price!

Sounds overpriced to me :bandit:

:hand: For less than half the dough looking at the provenance I'd be taking a look at the P Reg 100k C2 Manual HERE its a safer bet on a return :grin:

its tricky because there is of course the 993c4s on the pcgb classifieds thats got 120k miles and is about 53k. ive had a look and its not bad

on the other hand, charles ivey have a boggo c4 with 72k miles for about 44k and its hard to justify paying double for a wb car or is it...

a lot of the wb cars seem to be hanging around for a while though

Why has the £53k bargain car not sold? I suspect advertised for £60k on AT and PH it would of gone. Other thread suggests there is a queue of people wanting it held up by a PPI someone is doing. :?:

i viewed it about 2 weeks ago and i was the only person on it... vendor is a very nice and straightforward guy.

The car is local to me. I believe the owner bought it just before the 996 was
available and may have got a bit of a deal! If it is the same car it is a lovely
example which I have admired from a distance for years, seldomly seen usually on a sunny weekend day. I think I have the right name of the owner
if you want to PM me for confirmation, just can't remember the reg but let's face it their aren't many 993 C4S in that colour in a small town. :worship:

rc944 said:
i viewed it about 2 weeks ago and i was the only person on it... vendor is a very nice and straightforward guy.

What put you off buying it?

Guessing you were on it early as at least two others here have contacted to be told it I'd under inspection and to form an orderly queue. From the '993 at auction thread':
'Been in touch about this car. But looks like I might be one in a long queue."

rc944 said:

It's not Dr George Eaton selling it :dont know:

Nope def legit!

I did withdraw my interest a few days back because im increasing my budget to get a lower mileage car. i think its great value and were i not so hung up on miles i would have bought it

was debadging a factory option at the time of order?

rc944 said:
..........im increasing my budget to get a lower mileage car. i think its great value and were i not so hung up on miles i would have bought it

Ah, so you've no intention driving it then? False economy in my view, you'll get hung up on putting miles on it everytime you wheel it out of the garage in fear of doing your dough. :roll:

993 are now in super bubble territory. I'm old enough to remember some classics losing 75% of their value overnight in the early 90s

Things could be different this time, however, we also have the legislating out of petrol cars and the lack of enthusiasm from millenniums.

If you take a 10-year view on classics, things look very grim.

Conclusion - buy, drive and enjoy.

For a bit of fun... I thought I would post this.

Looking through old emails... I came across

Attachments

• screenshot_2018_12_30_at_113223_188.png
    screenshot_2018_12_30_at_113223_188.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 2,892

Everybody is predicting the end of the petrol engine but I honestly fail to see where the electricity is going to come from to charge millions of cars overnight. We hardly produce enough to boil everybodys kettles during the break in coronation street!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back