Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Failure Oil Level Indicator - Oil Tempp Gauge Failure

Whitehorse

Hello All,

My 07, Targa 4 has just displayed "Failure Oil Level Indicator" and "Oil Temperature Gauge Failure" on start up. It was serviced less than 400 miles ago and sounds quiet and there is no smoke etc. The car has sat outside for about 6 weeks since it was last used.

Any ideas, are these the same sensor or same wiring?

Thanks in advance WH

PS Merry Christmas

A quick search shows a shared sensor. This kind of failure is pretty common. My 996 had the oil pressure sender fail, which is a bit scary. Would work again after a restart.

Same sensor .. green arrow on the image ..

No chance of mice were you park it ?

Its the sort of place they build nests is all and they will also chew through the knock sensor wiring which is the pink arrow .

Attachments

• pic03_103.jpg
    pic03_103.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 2,062
Thanks for the replies.

Ahh, that would explain why both are out..

Mice eh! No but we do have rats as we're near the river.

Is it an easy job, looking at the sensor its very long, does it just lift out?

Not a simple job to replace im afraid .. as you say its long and you cant bend it .. im pretty sure you have to remove the inlet mainifold on that side to get it out .. been a long time since ive done one im afraid .

rats dont tend to nest on engines so it wont be that .. ive seen plenty of mice nests though over the years hence i always mention it .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back