Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Plug leads

A very tricky number
Buy a set of screwdrivers off e bay
The stubbiest of stubby screwdrivers
The stubbier the better.
Do the plugs
The leads
The caps
The rotor arms
Beru leads Bosch for the rest
Get a price from Matt at Type911
Do the lot
You won't regret it.

Beru HT leads are currently available from Carparts4less for £217 all in with the Easter discount code (details on the site).

Hello.
Done this job twice now, both times on varioram cars.
It's not a hard job to do, just a bit fiddly and it helps to get the car up on ramps or axle stands so you aren't bent over working and you can get underneath the engine.
Both times I have used the Beru lead set and they were a perfect fit.
I think in the tutorials I read they say to take out the tin ware on the RHS to get to the plug lead under the power steering pump. But if you don't intend to replace the actual plug I found you don't need to. It helps if your hands aren't too big!
As people have said previously, you will need a stubby Phillips driver. I also used a right angled ratchet screwdriver which helped.
The first time it took me about a day and a half. But the second time I did it in a day. But I had discovered by the second time that you didn't have to remove the tin ware.
Take photos on your phone before starting so you have a record of how the leads are routed.
Allow yourself plenty of time and you will be ok.
Good luck.
Steve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back