Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

LeMans 2019

Bikeracer1098

Thinking of going to LeMans for the 24hr race next year.

Anyone got some links to booking a trip/accommodation ?

Also any interest in booking a 911uk trip?

https://lemansrace.com/le-mans-24h--race-schedule/

https://lemansrace.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/circuit-map.pdf

https://lemansrace.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Grandstand-map.pdf

http://www.1st-tickets.co.uk/events/lmpricesto.html

Just been recommended this company, camping at Porsche Curves

https://lemansrace.com/accommodation/travel-destinations-at-porsche-curves/

Go to the official website and book camping tickets €84 for the week, stay at the Beausejour campsite, it's only a short walk to the curves. I bought a 2 second pop up tent, chair and sleeping mattress from Lidl for £35 and a shed load of booze on the ferry. Buy a radio on site to listen to the racing as 3G can be a bit flaky listening via mobile phone apps.
You park next to your tent for free, if you share fuel/ferry costs with with a passenger than it will be about £300 each for a long weekend.
You'll have a superb time and get to wander all around the circuit, museum etc, don't forget to get a lairy decal kit for your Porker.

If i can convice my wife to come or vs. a " man pass" then i intend to be there hopefully

I have been a few times but many years ago when Jaguar XJRs were the fore front !!! Many great memories.

There is now a new option for 911uk members who want to attend this fabulous event.

Full details are here. :wink:

Cheers,
L'rs

You could try a search for Le Mob who provide a variety of packages for the 24hrs and the Classic from camping to chateau accommodation..

If you've not done this then it's recommended. A truly awesome event :thumb:

Just watch your valuables as last year we had some foldable bikes nicked from different locations on different days :eek:

New997buyer said:

Just watch your valuables as last year we had some foldable bikes nicked from different locations on different days :eek:

Anything to do with being very well refreshed whilst in charge of said object? :?:

ragpicker said:
New997buyer said:

Anything to do with being very well refreshed whilst in charge of said object? :?:

Sadly not!

Daytime and sober - but happy. Happened while I was watching the pink pig cross the finish line :grin:

My bike was chained to a fence right outside Club ACO. When I came out the chain was lying on the ground and the bike was gone. The Bat's too. So we strolled back to camp on Shank's pony :sad:

Wouldn't stop me going. And won't stop me getting another bike to take. But I might buy a better lock this time :lock: :D

Sorry to read about the loss of your bike, I guess amongst as many folk as attend LeMans there is ever bound to be a fair number of vagabonds :x

As I typed in my FERY loooong intro I was at The Classic this year and perhaps more in line with this thread I took up one of LeMobs packages, we opted for spoiling ourselves a tad and opted for chateau accommodation, my good lady and I are at an age where tenting it at the circuit is not as appealing as a good nights sleep out of earshot of the circuit.. :wink:

I suspect the other appealing aspect for me is that I have grown out of the tribal thing to some degree in terms of one make gatherings and more enjoy a bit of variety and the LeMob bunch are certainly varied in their vehicular variations and associated chat which seems to add a bit more interesting.. To give you an idea of that which I am prattling on about I will attach a few pics..

Attachments

• _dsc3079_660.jpg
    _dsc3079_660.jpg
    680.8 KB · Views: 7,602
  • _dsc3544_897.jpg
    _dsc3544_897.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 7,602
  • _dsc3111_150.jpg
    _dsc3111_150.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 7,602
  • _dsc3180_669.jpg
    _dsc3180_669.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 7,602
Luddite said:
Sorry to read about the loss of your bike, I guess amongst as many folk as attend LeMans there is ever bound to be a fair number of vagabonds :x

As I typed in my FERY loooong intro I was at The Classic this year and perhaps more in line with this thread I took up one of LeMobs packages, we opted for spoiling ourselves a tad and opted for chateau accommodation, my good lady and I are at an age where tenting it at the circuit is not as appealing as a good nights sleep out of earshot of the circuit.. :wink:

I suspect the other appealing aspect for me is that I have grown out of the tribal thing to some degree in terms of one make gatherings and more enjoy a bit of variety and the LeMob bunch are certainly varied in their vehicular variations and associated chat which seems to add a bit more interesting.. To give you an idea of that which I am prattling on about I will attach a few pics..

Looks a cracking array of cars there :cloud9:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back