Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 c2 suspension query

NedHan79

Is it possible to rebuild the standard shocks on a 996.1 c2?
Don't think I need anything yet but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.
What are the standard units? Boge?
Can any other 'inserts' be used? The likes of bilsteins?

More interested to know than actually needing anything

They are Bilstein B4 equivalent. The front are twin tube and not rebuildable but rears are mono tube and are. This is what I was told by Bilstein when I asked.

That's good to know. I'm guessing no one really bothers with this and just go for new units.

Price up an MO30 kit from Porsche which in my view, point for pound, is the best value suspension refresh for a 996.

Don't really need it. Just more interested in options. I was told my car had m030 but I think it sits quite high. I do find it fairly stiff though

NedHan79 said:
Don't really need it. Just more interested in options. I was told my car had m030 but I think it sits quite high. I do find it fairly stiff though

You need to check that out as mine is not particularly harsh and sits nice on MO30

Think mine sits higher than yours. Might not be overly harsh but I'd expected a bit smoother tbh

Attachments

• 5d6f3162_f2ef_496b_8a7c_06578061a497_134.png
    5d6f3162_f2ef_496b_8a7c_06578061a497_134.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,307
M030 is only a 10mm drop. I think 4Ss have it as standard and it's firm but not harsh.

Are there any identifiable markings on the m030 shocks?

The OE springs have different coloured dots of paint to identify, if still visible, at this stage maybe not. the shocks are only identifiable by part number if still visible, may not accessible while on the car you can only Jack it up and look I guess. Check the PET for the numbers etc.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back