Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Selling privately and insurance

I may sell my 911 privately but am concerned about test drives by potential buyers. Do I insist on being shown fully comp Insurance or is this unreasonable? I presume someone can get Insurance for this purpose?

Is available, personally I would state you will drive it accompanied by the buyer, if someone places a deposit then they get the Insurance sorted and can have a drive refundable if they are not happy :dont know:

If I am buying a car, then I want to drive it.

If you don't let me, even if I have insured it for the day, then I am not buying it :judge:

Just get a prospective buyer to show proof that they have insured it :thumb:

I've always been under the impression that driving of other cars on your own Insurance is third party only

Insurance system in this country is such a joke. I'm sure you could free up 30% of policing time just by changing Insurance from person based to vehicle based.
I'd love to know the answer to have to cover yourself 100% for the above situation

FZP said:
Insurance system in this country is such a joke. I'm sure you could free up 30% of policing time just by changing Insurance from person based to vehicle based.
That would lump all of us sensible upstanding types with the crooks and hoodlums.

Works fine in Aus. Costs are roughly the same, and limitations can be placed on high value/performance cars as to who can drive, only over 30 etc.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back