Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Average annual mileage of a 997 remains at ..

Never have I come across such a mileage obsessed bunch, either with doing lots of miles or not enough! :floor:

I'm the same a gmg I don't really drive it in the wet because I don't enjoy it.

Who cares about the miles just enjoy it however you please either doing lots of miles or very little...

GMG makes a fair point about enjoyment: we also run a couple of boats and if we didn't enjoy fiddling and fettling them, there wouldn't be much enjoyment at all.

That being said, I'm happy driving in the summer, in the winter, on dry days and even wet track days. Even if I have to wash the thing all the time. After all I don't live in California...

GMG said:
...for me owning and driving the Porsche is a first world luxury and treat thus it will live in the garage over the winter, leaving it only on dry days...I would get no pleasure from driving it on wet,salty,traffic strewn roads...

My pleasure comes from removing my immaculately clean 996 and fault free (i cannot live with a car that has any issues;hell I change the mats as soon as they show even the tiniest amount of wear) from the car hole on a dry bright sunny day and enjoying a drive to a country pub or similar...high days and holidays outings...

I doubt very much that my annual mileage will exceed 2000 miles?

For me the mileage v value metric is unimportant; the important metric is how I derive pleasure from owing my Porsche ...

Each to their own...

Where's the 'like' button.

KJD said:
GMG said:
...for me owning and driving the Porsche is a first world luxury and treat thus it will live in the garage over the winter, leaving it only on dry days...I would get no pleasure from driving it on wet,salty,traffic strewn roads...

My pleasure comes from removing my immaculately clean 996 and fault free (i cannot live with a car that has any issues;hell I change the mats as soon as they show even the tiniest amount of wear) from the car hole on a dry bright sunny day and enjoying a drive to a country pub or similar...high days and holidays outings...

I doubt very much that my annual mileage will exceed 2000 miles?

For me the mileage v value metric is unimportant; the important metric is how I derive pleasure from owing my Porsche ...

Each to their own...

Where's the 'like' button.
:agree: :agree:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back