Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Outdoor covers, should I and if so which one?

my car sits out in all weather all year, my theory is a good coat of wax regularly eg every 6 weeks, it gets cleaned every week and ACF50 the underside bits , it is only water after all, yes at some times of year theres sand etc in the rain but as long as its washed weekly even that shouldn't be an issue. :grin: never used covers as I always read negative reports about them damaging the paint and also moisture getting trapped :thumb: maybe if it was going to sit for weeks and weeks without use I might consider one of the tent type covers but need to understand more about what stops them blowing away on a stormy night. :thumb:

Thanks, well that's saved me £180 I can put towards my exhaust :thumb:

Burty said:
Any dirt on the car will rub as the cover moves. I personally wouldn't use one. I've seen a car rubbed right through the laquer before on all 4 corners.

If you look hard enough you'll be put off from doing anything. I would advise not waiting at bus stops as I've seen a video of a bus running someone over.

My car was splattered with bird crap under the car port, my daughter decided to write on it with stones. Nephews mates peering through the windows

No cover has ever damaged any of my cars. But plenty of damage without.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back