Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Rear lettering - are they losing the plot?

Phil 997 said:
MaxA said:
Not everyone thinks this way: on one of the Faceballs 997 groups (why do I bother?) I was called "silly and stupid" for debadging my rear end, and "for compromising the design language of the car", or some such utter bollocks.

:pc:

:floor: :floor: Max sounds like you had a run in with some sandal and sock wearing Porsche club of Finland members :grin: :grin: if Porsche put the words "Driver is a Twat" on the car they would want to keep it original :thumb:

Phil, it wasn't a PCF sock n' sandal wearer, it was some cockwomble bearded hipster ****wit type (can I write that on the forum?) on a faceknob page. You might know the one, it's had an issue with people posting Rolexes (not actually 997 related) and also posting handguns (also not related to the ownership and running of a 997...). I dropped out after that thread.

MaxA said:
Phil 997 said:
MaxA said:
Not everyone thinks this way: on one of the Faceballs 997 groups (why do I bother?) I was called "silly and stupid" for debadging my rear end, and "for compromising the design language of the car", or some such utter bollocks.

:pc:

:floor: :floor: Max sounds like you had a run in with some sandal and sock wearing Porsche club of Finland members :grin: :grin: if Porsche put the words "Driver is a Twat" on the car they would want to keep it original :thumb:

Phil, it wasn't a PCF sock n' sandal wearer, it was some cockwomble bearded hipster ****wit type (can I write that on the forum?) on a faceknob page. You might know the one, it's had an issue with people posting Rolexes (not actually 997 related) and also posting handguns (also not related to the ownership and running of a 997...). I dropped out after that thread.

:floor: :floor: :floor: Max, that did make me laugh and yes I know the very facebook group you refer to and still myself trying to suss out the obsession with posting pics of your dam watch must be the same type that post on face book a pic of what they are eating every day ,I mean really who gives a flying F.
I only remember Uncle Bulgaria from the wombles, I dont remember the one you refer to :grin: :grin: I have found the cupholders on my car but cant find the handgun holster , maybe it was a tequipment extra for the US and Russian markets and fits under the big silly hat hook thats also applicable to those markets. :floor: :grin: :thumb:

No offence to the actual Wombles (national treasure).

The Americans I know who feel the need to actually carry a gun in the car usually duct tape it to the underside of the steering column. They don't feel the need to wave it around like some surrogate willy and post pictures of themselves on the internet. :cop:

Apologies to the OP for taking this off topic. Normal service will be resumed shortly.

Might I suggest you get off Facewhatever. you're too old or too young.

MaxA said:
is1 said:
While we're on the subject, the one that makes me cringe is Jaguar (in lettering) with the "bird poo" leaping cat on the rear of new Jags. It actually looks cheap.

Surely it should be the roundel on the front and rear? That would be symmetrical too for those that way affected.

Scratch 'n Sniff did a whole 'episode' about the leaper and the growler on the Jag. They're pretty funny.

I like the leaper personally. I don't care that it's not symmetrical. At least it looks like it's made of metal unlike the plastic badges on my 997 which were removed soon after the first washin experience.

I always thought 'The Growler' was a euphemism for a totally different thing .......!
:grin:

MaxA said:

The Americans I know who feel the need to actually carry a gun in the car usually duct tape it to the underside of the steering column. They don't feel the need to wave it around like some surrogate willy and post pictures of themselves on the internet. :cop:

Apologies to the OP for taking this off topic. Normal service will be resumed shortly.

oops digit problems .....

MaxA said:

No worries Max ,
I actually think it's great the way we can morph one subject to get onto other additional issues we need to share ......

As I read the comments about the US models gun holster/ guns in the car , reminded me of many conversations I had with colleagues from across the pond on the subject of gun racks in their( Monster) Pickups ......it's usually their first optional extra and I just couldn't repeat the conversation contents without fear of offending their ' intellect' but in all honesty they may/ probably do have a different set of circumstances to live by....

Now ,the cup holder I could really do without ...I forget it's actually there and would just never see any instance where I would consider having a hot cup of coffee above my centre console and the way I drive , it just wouldn't make any sense ...I even tried putting a bottle of water in it once but it just looked so fKin stupid sat there !
It's a damn sports car fer Crisesakes!!!!!

:cop: :cop:

Now ,the cup holder I could really do without ...I forget it's actually there and would just never see any instance where I would consider having a hot cup of coffee above my centre console and the way I drive , it just wouldn't make any sense ...I even tried putting a bottle of water in it once but it just looked so fKin stupid sat there !
It's a damn sports car fer Crisesakes!!!!!

:thumb:

Valid point and well made.

this is the only cupholder I can advocate :grin: :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• afb99225007e8bc2ba96caca781e34d1_859.jpg
    afb99225007e8bc2ba96caca781e34d1_859.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,509
Nice cup holder!

On the subject of the badging, my issue is they use too many different font's.
That's what cheapens the look IMO.

Reminds me of an Audi I spotted in traffic a few years back which appeared to be an A6 2.5 Tdi RS6 Sline if the badging was anything to go by.
:?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back