Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 997.2s

Luckily for me East London opc had all my required parts in stock this morning.

Got everything back in which happened to be alot easier (probably as I knew what I was doing this time!) I decided to re-use the short rubber pipes that connect to the crossovers as they are £20 each and mine were in perfect condition.

Changed my rear anti roll bar bushes which really were worn through, I'm hoping this turns out to be the source of my rear clunk. Nice easy job 2 bolts either side and that was it.

Topped up coolant and let it reach temp, topped up again and left to run for a bit. Will check again in the morning. I was surprised at how little coolant was lost in the first place, I expected a lot more.

Got a packet of the little torx screws and retaining clips to replace some missing ones bargain at 30p each!!!

Just need to wait for some dry weather now to take it out.

Attachments

• new_pipes_161.jpg
    new_pipes_161.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,265
  • new_pipes_2_113.jpg
    new_pipes_2_113.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,265
  • arb_bushes_207.jpg
    arb_bushes_207.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,265
  • new_arb_bushes_163.jpg
    new_arb_bushes_163.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,265
  • wheel_rods_806.jpg
    wheel_rods_806.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,265
For the OP .. :worship: excellent job ..

The OCD in me though .. spray those pipes in ACF 50 or silimlar .. i know you will anyways but i start to panic when i see bare metal .. sigh .

Slight hijack for those reading this thread .. brake pipes , coolant pipes , a/c pipes .. protect them please ..

Ive had to explain to customers just how much it is going to cost them to replace some of these pipes due to corrosion .. its not pleasent watching someones face fall when you tell them just how much its going to cost .

I dont like ruining someones day .. in this case it can be an entire month !

Brake pipes , coolant pipes and a/c pipes .. bury them in what ever you want .

I will also say that i had never herd of waxoil or acf 50 in over 10 years at an OPC .. its an indy thing .. so if you think OPC is excellent .. think again .

Back to the OP .. if the noise is a Bonk ... bonk bonk ... then its diagonal arms .

Thanks Demort!

I coated all the new hose ends but I'm holding off a little bit with the acf50 for now as it gives a kind of wet look and I wanted to be able to see any drips or leaks.

My plan is to get Porsche warranty and I'm not sure how they will take to everything looking all moist and shiny on the 111point check.

The car lives in the garage and doesn't come out in wet weather so hopefully should be o.k. for a month or so.

Only an original battery and a fresh set of rubber left on the to do list...

It has textar brake pads in which Im hoping they dont pick up in the check and make me change as they have about 70% life left :sad:

If the brake pads are black and not some weird shape thats obviously not Porsche then they will pass .. we only get 1.5 hours for the inspection and if it lookes like a Porsche item then we certainly dont remove it to check .

Downsides to a 111 point check .. Porsche battery and N rated tyres .

If you have any third party items installed its a fail and also if you have any kind on non Porsche Tracker then dont leave paper work in your glove box refering to it .

Mesh Grills will still fail even though they are a dam good idea as i understand it ..its one thing they still havent relented on although they have on armour fend .

They wont be interested in new bits .. the mechanic is just inspecting a car and isnt interested in anything other than service history ... for all he knows it was in last week and the work was done .

Thats good news, I will get the battery before I go rather than paying the labour for fitting when they flag it.

I have N rated Pirelli sotto zeros but the rears are low so planning to replace with a full set of ps2s before hand.

Another positive my rear clunking is gone! Must have been the anti roll bar bushes, chuffed! :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back