Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear anti roll bar

Rojdog

Is it normal that you can move the rear anti roll bar by hand side to side?

drop links seem smooth with no knocking on both sides when removed but was surprised the bar itself could be moved with relatively little force?

anyone have a part # for the bushes?

Attachments

• 501_00_629.gif
    501_00_629.gif
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,170
sorry yes rear anti roll bar, the rear one has about 5mm play side to side.Easily movable by hand whereas the front is solid. Wondering if it the source of a bit of low speed clunking.

I doubt it will be the noise you have .. the roll bar has fixed stops so new bushes if you have play there is a good idea but again i doubt its the cause of a noise .

The most common noise would be the diagonal arms

Best description would be a .. bonk ... bonk bonk over bumps in the road .. if very loud then link rods .. but you can easily feel for play in these whilst you cant in the diag arms .

At the end of the day though .. you shouldn,t have sideways play in the roll bar .

Thanks demort new bushes it is then. I've just changed my top mounts and checked all the joints I could while the damper was out and found nothing. So it's pointing towards diagonal arms as you said. I have a trip to centre gravity booked on the 5th of Jan so may wait and see, maybe they can confirm a definite diagnosis

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back