Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted: 997.1 gt3

You've probably discounted it, but I know the 911v car, PM me if you want more info.

Although you haven't specified a CS (which will cost more) the buckets will be a harder find, so I assume you've already viewed the 42k miler with bucket seats at £75995? Sadly no SC but it's been on for quite some time and a private seller, so surely worth a visit?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201812083100499

The Ashgood car is 48k and £72995. Today there are 3 on P Approved ranging £85-90k. After the "cheapies" on AT they kick off around £80k with 30k so £85k seems a fair starting point from Porsche which will get you 2 years warranty too (worth £2k or so)!!

I thought the 911v car was showing deposit paid a couple of weeks ago???

Maybe you're still waiting for that "price correction" (a term I've seen a few times recently from people looking to buy but saying they're over-priced, not just on Porsches) but in the time this thread's been live I've seen various come and go (and some that have been lingering) and within the P Approved network they seem to be turning around well.

I always chuckle at "cash waiting for the right car" posts on this and other forums. Seems people think they'll nick one from an owner looking for a quick sale. It's always worth the enquiry but surely there comes a point when you've watched for a while and can then make an informed purchase or bide your time for the right one if nothing ticks your boxes.

I don't get why people post these and then moan about prices – the market's the market. Contrary to popular belief, just because they're not selling within a few days (or even weeks, or months) doesn't necessarily mean they're worth less than advertised. You may be lucky and find a motivated private seller who needs the money, but a dealer who has paid say £60-70k for a car he's going to list at £80k is unlikely to be worried about where his next meal is coming from and likely knows the market and the car's value sufficiently well to invest a chunk of dough on something that he may have to sit on for a while.

If you aren't prepared to pay the going rate then I'd suggest you aren't really in the market for one. I'm certainly not saying you can't afford one, I'm simply saying that if you aren't wanting to pay the market rate then you're not 'in the market", otherwise I'd say I'm in the market for a 918 but certainly not prepared to pay a £1m for one.

Recently someone (politely and honestly) called me and said they only had £20k for a rare car I had advertised at £28k and when I pointed them towards one at £21k but with twice the mileage of mine (120k vs 60k) the chap scoffed and said he wouldn't want one with that mileage!! Well you can't have it all ways! Sadly, in this game you've got to pay to play!

Anyway regarding the car, as you'll be using it as a daily doing 12k / year I'd say there's no real point in getting too low mileage an example as you'll be driving a lot of value out of it. Some are going quickly and some aren't so I'm inclined to say the good ones (regardless of mileage) are the ones being bought so I'd say if you really want one, get cracking.

The Clubsports are certainly rarer to find. I'm not sure I'd want a clubsport as a daily but obviously that's an entirely personal choice – I'd suggest an extended test drive to see if you could do 12k per year in it – the buckets don't suit everyone.

The 991v car looks good value but obviously soon hit the 50k threshold which will impact its value- but everything's relative and if you buy at entry level pricing when you come to sell you'll likely be selling at entry level pricing too (at which level there are probably more buyers anyway so it could in fact be easier to move on when the time comes).

All of that said – it's probably worth waiting a week or two until mine is delivered at which point no doubt values will fall off a cliff....

Good luck with you search! :thumb:

squelch said:
Although you haven't specified a CS (which will cost more) the buckets will be a harder find, so I assume you've already viewed the 42k miler with bucket seats at £75995? Sadly no SC but it's been on for quite some time and a private seller, so surely worth a visit?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201812083100499

The Ashgood car is 48k and £72995. Today there are 3 on P Approved ranging £85-90k. After the "cheapies" on AT they kick off around £80k with 30k so £85k seems a fair starting point from Porsche which will get you 2 years warranty too (worth £2k or so)!!

I thought the 911v car was showing deposit paid a couple of weeks ago???

Maybe you're still waiting for that "price correction" (a term I've seen a few times recently from people looking to buy but saying they're over-priced, not just on Porsches) but in the time this thread's been live I've seen various come and go (and some that have been lingering) and within the P Approved network they seem to be turning around well.

I always chuckle at "cash waiting for the right car" posts on this and other forums. Seems people think they'll nick one from an owner looking for a quick sale. It's always worth the enquiry but surely there comes a point when you've watched for a while and can then make an informed purchase or bide your time for the right one if nothing ticks your boxes.

I don't get why people post these and then moan about prices – the market's the market. Contrary to popular belief, just because they're not selling within a few days (or even weeks, or months) doesn't necessarily mean they're worth less than advertised. You may be lucky and find a motivated private seller who needs the money, but a dealer who has paid say £60-70k for a car he's going to list at £80k is unlikely to be worried about where his next meal is coming from and likely knows the market and the car's value sufficiently well to invest a chunk of dough on something that he may have to sit on for a while.

If you aren't prepared to pay the going rate then I'd suggest you aren't really in the market for one. I'm certainly not saying you can't afford one, I'm simply saying that if you aren't wanting to pay the market rate then you're not 'in the market", otherwise I'd say I'm in the market for a 918 but certainly not prepared to pay a £1m for one.

Recently someone (politely and honestly) called me and said they only had £20k for a rare car I had advertised at £28k and when I pointed them towards one at £21k but with twice the mileage of mine (120k vs 60k) the chap scoffed and said he wouldn't want one with that mileage!! Well you can't have it all ways! Sadly, in this game you've got to pay to play!

Anyway regarding the car, as you'll be using it as a daily doing 12k / year I'd say there's no real point in getting too low mileage an example as you'll be driving a lot of value out of it. Some are going quickly and some aren't so I'm inclined to say the good ones (regardless of mileage) are the ones being bought so I'd say if you really want one, get cracking.

The Clubsports are certainly rarer to find. I'm not sure I'd want a clubsport as a daily but obviously that's an entirely personal choice – I'd suggest an extended test drive to see if you could do 12k per year in it – the buckets don't suit everyone.

The 991v car looks good value but obviously soon hit the 50k threshold which will impact its value- but everything's relative and if you buy at entry level pricing when you come to sell you'll likely be selling at entry level pricing too (at which level there are probably more buyers anyway so it could in fact be easier to move on when the time comes).

All of that said – it's probably worth waiting a week or two until mine is delivered at which point no doubt values will fall off a cliff....

Good luck with you search! :thumb:

I don't think he wants to pay market value. He wants to pay the price after the price correction he has been forecasting.

Windy101 said:
I don't think he wants to pay market value. He wants to pay the price after the price correction he has been forecasting.
Indeed. Thread started in October with "cash waiting" and then this week "still looking... cash waiting". So I guess he wants to buy now but wants to pay the "corrected" price.... On that front, if anyone has a well-spec'd 992 on order I'm happy to buy it from them at autumn 2019 / spring 2020 prices - "cash waiting"! :floor:

squelch said:
On that front, if anyone has a well-spec'd 992 on order I'm happy to buy it from them at autumn 2019 / spring 2020 prices - "cash waiting"! :floor:

:floor:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back