Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pre-facelift 996 aero manual wanted

Gregb23

Hi all,

On the lookout for a pre-facelift 996 manual.
My budget is ~£15k which I'm starting to think may be a little low.
I've missed a couple over the last few months. I'm not bothered about mileage as long as they've been looked after.

Any ideas?

Thanks,[/img]

Welcome, you should find something in your budget. But be prepared to spend some money whatever you get.

MC

:welcome:

Good budget, you'll be in one soon enough :thumbs:

Been to see any yet :dont know:

:thumb:

I've not been to see any yet. I'm based in the midlands and rang a couple to arrange viewings only for them only for them to get sold before I could.
Yeah happy enough to fix them up at this budget. I enjoy a good bit of DIY so planning to do the simple stuff myself.

I've just bought 1 about 5/6 weeks ago. 1998 manual aero in your budget. They are there but won't be perfect. I'd imagine if you opted not to have an aero, you'd get a nice car. Could always look for the bits later. Mine sits very high so still looks a bit odd if I'm honest. Needs the suspension drop and wheel spacers to make it look anywhere near nice. I think the biggest thing with a 996 is colour choice. I'm happy with spec but not the colour so may end up with a colour choice somewhere along the line. Might be a better option to get the right colour and add bits later.
Just my 2 cents worth

Aero

I have recently sold my 996 c4 with factory aero black with black leather 80k miles and full Porsche history I had the rms and new clutch done for the new owner sold at £15k
It was in stunning condition so they are out there but you need to be ready to get on the phone and get out to look at them
I am in the midlands as well if you need someone to come and look at cars with you mate

Spotted that 176k miler on PH, looks pretty good if you can live with the mileage and interior colour (which I quite like)

I'm from Rochdale haven't see that car on road, looking nice.

Been to see a couple now, the black one on eBay £15k and one from the forum. Black one didn't sit right with me, was a little tatty externally and internally, wheels starting to go and didn't seem to have been looked after the best. Could be wrong but the feeling I got. Didn't pursue PPI at that price point.

Forum one ticked all the boxes but PPI threw up a few expensive fixes that I wasn't prepared for, above the work I already knew it needed. Would be a lovely car with more money spent on it though.

Saw the £12k one online, now seems to have gone. Sounded like the trader picked it up for £8k so be interesting where it ended up.

The hunt continues.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-...188926?hash=item33fd4fab3e:g:4f4AAOSwVNxaN~WI

Just been to see this, not for me. Poor experience of the dealer. Booked in to view and drive in advance. Turned up to be told the car wasn't ready and was still on the ramp. Went to view on the ramp after having to wait, thoughts below.

Put off by the fact they've had it sat in the warehouse for a year so there's mold inside currently. Mentioned they've had it for a year after they someone refused to buy it after having it inspected. They're doing a fair bit of work to it as it has minimal to no service history. One of the manifolds they've replaced had 8 new bolts, 1 old bolt and a stud.

Didn't sit well with me. Looked like a front diff oil leak, rear engine weep of some sort. Paintwork was terrible having had a blow over, they mentioned they'd sort this, seats were well worn. Wheels needed a refurb. One arch repaired poorly in the past and the other starting to go. Overall not worth 15k to me.

Eagerly awaiting finding a good one.

Yep it's a tough search these days.
I've done it twice. Once for my mate Craig about 6 years ago and there were lots of dogs around even then.
I then had to find one for myself 3 years ago. I got trailed to Ireland from Northumberland on the promise of a mint car.
I thought I could trust the guy as he ran a detailing company so obviously he knows what makes a rough car or a nice car.

I found a good one eventually but without Aerokit, and paid top money which was £13k at the time. I've still spent at least that again on maintenance and improvements (Aerokit, respray, gearbox rebuild) because I can't have any area "not quite right", which is a curse when you're into 20 year old cars. :wink:

Keep looking. Be open on colour and things and you may have to drop the Aerokit or raise the budget.

And every car will want something spending on it. Even mine which is very good now. It still needs PPF so I can relax when I drive it plus I need to revisit the suspension to get some camber off.
I'm not parting with mine yet though and I'd be wanting £20k.

Good luck. They are worth the search. They offer a great drive when sorted and for the money there's nothing I can think of that offers what they do.

Marky911 said:
They offer a great drive when sorted and for the money there's nothing I can think of that offers what they do.

Very true! I drive mine once a week which is enough to remind me what a great car they are

Gregb23 said:
Put off by the fact they've had it sat in the warehouse for a year so there's mold inside currently. Mentioned they've had it for a year after they someone refused to buy it after having it inspected. They're doing a fair bit of work to it as it has minimal to no service history. One of the manifolds they've replaced had 8 new bolts, 1 old bolt and a stud.

Didn't sit well with me. Looked like a front diff oil leak, rear engine weep of some sort. Paintwork was terrible having had a blow over, they mentioned they'd sort this, seats were well worn. Wheels needed a refurb. One arch repaired poorly in the past and the other starting to go. Overall not worth 15k to me.

Eagerly awaiting finding a good one.

What's with the white bits :dont know:

And why the change in lettering on the boot lid :?:

No history too so sounds a bit iffy to me :cop:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back